Today is Christmas in July! As part of the celebration, Disney has released a recipe for delicious Mini Gingerbread Bundt Cakes with Orange-Vanilla Sauce. The recipe comes from Disneyland Resort pastry chefs who were asked to come up with their favorite gingerbread recipe. What came out of this request was this recipe for Mini Gingerbread Bundt Cakes with Orange-Vanilla Sauce.
This recipe has the classic spices associated with gingerbread (also a theme with merchandise this year) along with some tasty surprises as well. There is some zested fresh ginger that will balance out the molasses. There is also amber lager beer to make sure the cake is nice and moist. Couple all of this with the Orange-Vanilla Sauce and it is a wonderful holiday treat for Christmas in July!
Christmas in July Mini Gingerbread Bundt Cakes with Orange-Vanilla Sauce - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
GINGERBREAD MINI BUNDT CAKES
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons zested fresh ginger
- 12-ounce bottle amber lager beer
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 teaspoon orange oil
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR GINGERBREAD BUNDT CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini Bundt cake cavities with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, ground ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg into medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, and fresh ginger in small bowl and set aside.
- Heat beer in large saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Remove from heat and slowly add baking soda. Once beer stops foaming, add molasses and brown sugar. Stir in flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, mixing well after adding. Stir in eggs until combined. Batter will be thin.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pans, filling each cavity 2/3 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack before removing from pan.
FOR ORANGE-VANILLA SAUCE:
- Cut vanilla bean in half and scrape out seeds using a knife. Set aside.
- Combine milk, sugar, and vanilla bean scrapings in medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Whisk egg yolks in a medium bowl. Slowly pour in half of the hot milk mixture while whisking the eggs. Pour eggs into saucepan with milk mixture and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly for 2-3 minutes, until thick enough to coat the back of spoon.
- Remove from heat and continue to whisk for 3 minutes.
- Pour into glass bowl and set glass bowl on top of an ice bath. Once sauce is at room temperature, add orange zest and orange oil.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Whisk powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in small bowl until smooth. If glaze is too thick, add 1/4 teaspoon of milk at a time until desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze onto cooled cakes.
- Fill center of each mini Bundt cake with Orange-Vanilla Sauce.
© 2020 dapsmagic.com
Looking for other Christmas in July ideas? Check them out with the Christmas in July guide that DAPS MAGIC posted earlier. How did your Mini Gingerbread Bundt Cakes with Orange-Vanilla Sauce turn out? Share your experience and tips in the comments below or with DAPS MAGIC on Facebook or Twitter!