Since reopening Shanghai Disneyland on May 20th, Disney continues to edge closer and closer to reopening other resorts around the globe. The next one that will be reopening is Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. While Disney Springs has already begun a phased reopen, the rest of the Resort will soon begin its phased reopening as well. It will start with Disney Vacation Club properties and then expand from there. At some point, other Disney resorts and properties will begin reopening as well. With that in mind, Disney has released a statement on the safety precautions that will be taking place when guests visit the Disney Resort hotels.
In a letter from Katie Kelly, Vice President of Worldwide Safety Services, Disney shares what guests can expect when they return to their favorite Disney resort hotel. Great lengths are being taken by Disney to make the experience as safe as possible so that guests can focus on enjoying the magical. Here are some of the highlights of Kelly’s letter:
- Online check-in will be available at select locations to minimize personal contact.
- New options for bell services to meet your luggage at your room.
- Hand sanitizers will be offered throughout Disney properties.
- High traffic areas will get increased cleaning protocols.
- Capacity will be reduced at pools, restaurants, fitness centers, and lobbies.
- Physical distancing will be implemented.
- Enhanced cleaning measures will be in place.
- Technology will be utilized to minimize contact during shopping and dining services. These include:
- Cashless transactions.
- Magic Band when available.
- Mobile Ordering
- Enhanced cleaning measures will be utilized before guests arrive.
- During the stay, light cleaning services will be offered every other day. This will include:
- Trash removal.
- Towel and amenities replenishment.
- Disney Vacation Club members will receive their traditional housecleaning service.
- Cast Members will receive updated training on cleaning and safety measures. This includes:
- Updated practices for cleaning tools and protocols.
- How to handle and replenish in-room amenities.
- How to handle linens.
- How to safely deal with luggage in the room.
- Other safety protocols.
Guests are also asked to be a part of the solution to keep people safe while visiting Disney resort hotels. There are some specifics mentioned that include:
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water.
- Follow physical distancing and other safety guidelines.
- Rescheduling trips if someone in a party feels ill or subject to quarantine or other travel restrictions.
This is a starting point for the safety measures that are being implemented for when guests return to Disney resort hotels. More information will be released ahead of a guest’s visit. It should also be noted that Disney is monitoring the situation and the best practices recommended to keep guests safe and healthy so things could change as the information is updated.