Disney on Broadway has suspended performances starting on March 12th through April 12th. The announcement was made on the Disney on Broadway website. Along with the closure of these shows, tickets will be refunded from the place where they were purchased. These suspensions effect three Disney shows: Frozen, The Lion King, and Aladdin.
The closure of these performances comes after New York Governor Andrew Cuomo released guidelines on limiting gatherings of groups over 500 people. These guidelines went into effect on Friday at 5:00 PM.
Here is the post that was found on the Disney on Broadway website:
All performances of FROZEN, THE LION KING and ALADDIN on Broadway have been suspended from March 12 – April 12, 2020. Please take note of the following information.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to having you return soon.
- All affected tickets will be refunded at the original point of purchase.
- If you purchased via Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster via Phone/App or the Disney on Broadway Hotline: your refund is being processed, and your credit card will be refunded automatically within 7-10 business days. For any issues, please contact the Disney on Broadway Hotline at (866) 870-2717 and have your Ticketmaster Account Number/Confirmation Number handy. You need NOT retain your original tickets.
- If you purchased at the Box Office with a credit card: You may visit the box office within 48 hours of the canceled performance with your original tickets to exchange them for an alternate date of your choice, subject to availability, or you can receive a full refund to the original method of payment. If tickets are not exchanged within 48 hours, your credit card will be refunded automatically within 7-10 business days.
- (FROZEN only) If you purchased at the Box Office with cash: please return your original tickets to the St. James Theater Box Office. You will be able to exchange your tickets for an alternate date of your choice, subject to availability, or you can receive a full refund.
- If you purchased tickets as part of a Group: please contact your Group Sales Agent for more information regarding refunds or exchanges. Please retain your original tickets until you speak with the Group Sales Agent.
- If you purchased at the TKTS booth, return there as soon as possible with your tickets and credit card in hand to receive a full refund. Contact a patron services representative outside and they will guide you to the correct window.
- If you purchased tickets through any other licensed sales channel (including, but not limited to, Ticketmaster Retail Outlets, Continental Guest Services, Broadway Inbound, etc.): please return to the original point of purchase for more information regarding refunds or exchanges. If you have your tickets in hand, please retain them for a refund or exchange.
DAPS MAGIC will continue to follow this story as more developments become available.