The Disneyland Resort is always a fun place to celebrate Independence Day. Throughout the summer there is often patriotic bunting decorating both Main Street, USA and also Buena Vista Street. On the Fourth of July itself, the patriotism steps into high gear as the Disneyland Resort celebrates Independence Day. For those of you who are wanting to mix a little magic in with your patriotism, check out what the Disneyland Resort will be offering for the Fourth.
- Patriotic Mickey Mouse – Mickey Mouse will be dressed in his patriotic finest and meeting guests on Main Street, USA between 8 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. in Town Square.
- Patriotic Flag Retreat – Stop by Town Square around the flag pole for the retiring of the colors during this patriotic ceremony that celebrates the United States of America and honors our veterans.
- Disney’s Celebrate America – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky – Celebrate America with this patriotic firework spectacular at 9:30 PM above the skies of Disneyland.
- Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln – Walt Disney showed up to school dressed up as Abraham Lincoln as a young lad, his love of Abraham Lincoln continues on with this tribute to one of America’s greatest presidents.
- Mark Twain Riverboat – This classic Disneyland opening day attraction joins Frontierland in celebrating a now nostalgic part of America’s history as the country expanded west.
Disneyland Resort Hotels & Downtown Disney District
- Fourth of July Family BBQ at Paradise Pier Hotel – From 3-10 p.m., guests can go to The Sand Bar “with live music starting at 6 p.m., followed by fireworks from Disneyland park at 9:30 p.m. A special a la carte menu will feature short rib brisket burgers, all-beef hot dogs, street corn on the cob and specialty drinks. Complimentary family activities and face painting are also in store. Subject to availability. This offering is open to the public and does not require a hotel reservation.”
- Magical Fourth at the Disneyland Hotel – “On July 4 only, from 12-4 p.m., hotel guests of all ages can get in the patriotic spirit with family activities, live music, complimentary face painting, caricatures and tasty delights on the hotel’s Magic Kingdom Lawn. Subject to availability.”
- Downtown Disney District Offerings –
- Curl Surf: Patriotic Wear
- Wetzel’s Pretzels: Frozen Cherry Boba Lemonade
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes: Firecracker Cocktail
- Salt & Straw: Berry Ice Creams
- Sprinkles: 4th of July Box or Americana Mini Sampler
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes
How are you celebrating the Fourth of July? What’s your favorite part of Independence Day at the Disneyland Resort? Share your memories and thoughts in the comments below!