Thor: Ragnarok is already available on Digital HD and will be arriving on Blu-ray and 4K on March 6th. The movie is full of fun moments, hilarious gags, and quite a few Easter Eggs. Several of these were shared by Taika Waititi in the commentary track of this film and DAPS MAGIC has them here for you to enjoy and search for as you watch the movie from the comfort of your own home.
11 Comic Book Easter Eggs from the Thor: Ragnarok Commentary Track with Taika Waititi
- The initial Hela costume is loosely based on the comic design and transitions into the iconic version when she returns to Asgard. Her weapons were based on Gorr the God Butcher’s weapons from the “God of Thunder” comic storyline.
- Sakaar’s design was taken from Jack Kirby’s artwork. Taika was a fan as a kid and incorporated many shapes and colors from classic comics.
- The obedience discs are power inhibitors lifted from the “Planet Hulk” comic storyline.
- The designs of many background characters in Sakaar were also lifted directly from Jack Kirby comics.
- Traditionally, the Grandmaster in the comics is blue-skinned, but they thought people might tie it back to Jeff Goldblum’s character from “Earth Girls Are Easy.”
- The characters of Korg and Miek are from the “Planet Hulk” comic storyline. Taika based Korg’s voice on the Polynesian bouncers in New Zealand, many of whom are extremely polite and don’t want to hurt anyone.
- The large wolf, Fenris, is a great ally of Hela’s in the comics.
- The mural on the back wall of The Grandmaster’s suite is actual Jack Kirby artwork.
- After years of fans asking for it, Thor finally got his helmet in the Sakaarian battle arena.
- Odin’s spear, Gungnir, appears in the background of the throne room on Asgard.
- Hulk’s Sakaarian wardrobe casual wear is lifted from various Hulk comics.
What was your favorite Easter Egg listed here from Thor: Ragnarok? You can catch more interesting tidbits from director Taika Waititi (including how to spell his name according to him) in the extras and film commentary track for Thor: Ragnarok. It is already available on Digital HD and will be available on Blu-ray and 4k on March 6h.