In the latest issue of the Disney twenty-three magazine, readers will find an array of all things on the upcoming Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. With 60 years of rich history, there is much to cover.
This issue will feature over 40 pages of photos, articles and more on the past 60 years. In addition, this issue will give readers a look at the summer blockbuster hits that will soon be hitting theaters.
Currently, Disney twenty-three is available for D23 Gold Members. If you would like to know more about becoming a member, please click here for details.
As Disneyland approaches its 60th anniversary, Disney twenty-three brings readers inside the party, with an in-depth look at how the park is celebrating this milestone with new parades, spectaculars, and enhancements to popular attractions. In preparation for the landmark occasion, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club took Disney Legend Marty Sklar—who worked at Disneyland on opening day—and Walt Disney Imagineering Chief Creative Executive Bruce Vaughn on a walk through Disneyland, where they reminisce about details from the past, such as the park’s legendary opening day, and look ahead at all the excitement yet to come.
Also in the Summer issue, available exclusively to D23 Gold Members, the Walt Disney Archives unveils rarely showcased ephemera from Disneyland’s opening including a media pass and concept art for freeway billboards promoting the world’s first theme park. And for Disney parks foodies, there’s a look at some of the park’s signature snacks, from Dole Whips and turkey legs to churros and Mickey Mouse ice cream bars.
Plus, film critic, historian, and co-producer of the Walt Disney Treasures DVD series Leonard Maltin gives a behind-the-scenes look at Disney’s three big summer movies featuring exclusive interviews with Tomorrowland director Brad Bird (The Incredibles, Ratatouille), Inside Out director Pete Docter (Monsters, Inc., Up), and Ant-Man director Peyton Reed. Each director offers Maltin—who authored the book The Disney Films—a fascinating look at the creation of the colorful, complicated, and magnificent worlds of their three films.
Also included in the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three:
- Rarely seen photos from the Disneyland Hotel’s storied history
- A look inside a Disneyland Pitch Portfolio that was used to sell East Coast investors on Walt’s vision for the park
- Fifty years of Disney Ambassadors and how they bring magic to people around the globe
- Newlyweds share the stories of their beautiful Disney-themed weddings
- An up-close look at the beloved animated feature Pinocchio with historian J.B. Kaufman
- Regular columns including A Walk with Walt, D Society, and Ask Dave
D23 Members are invited to visit D23.com for additional online-exclusive features, including a gallery of more artwork from the Disneyland Pitch Portfolio, used to showcase concepts of the park that would turn Walt’s dream into a reality.
Latest posts by amandaalva (see all)
- Marvel’s Daredevil: The Complete First Season Heads to Blu-ray - October 16, 2016
- Disney Parks Attraction Poster Calendars to Return - October 16, 2016
- ‘Marvel’s Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell’ on Digital HD this Oct. 21 - October 10, 2016