2015 is going to a big year for movies from The Walt Disney Company. A quick look at the list of movies coming up in the coming year and one could surmise that it could be perhaps the biggest year ever for Disney. This comes after 2014 being the second biggest year ever for the studio as it brought in $4.35 Billion in ticket sales.
Here is a look at the upcoming movies for 2015 from Disney:
- January 23: ‘Strange Magic’ (Lucasfilm)
- February 20: ‘McFarland, USA’ (Disney)
- March 13: ‘Cinderella’ (Disney)
- April 17: ‘Monkey Kingdom’ (Disneynature)
- May 1: ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ (Marvel)
- May 22: ‘Tomorrowland’ (Disney)
- June 19: ‘Inside Out’ (Pixar)
- July 17: ‘Ant-Man’ (Marvel)
- October 9: ‘The Jungle Book’ (Disney)
- October 16: Untitled Steven Spielberg Cold War Spy Thriller (DreamWorks)
- November 25: ‘The Good Dinosaur’ (Pixar)
- December 18: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ (Lucasfilm)
There are a lot of big movies coming out in the coming year. Currently, only Warner Bros and Paramount have ever crossed the $5 Billion mark for ticket sales in a year with the record being set at 5.17 Billion. Could 2015 be the year that Disney makes a new record? It isn’t so difficult to imagine this considering there are two Pixar movies, two Marvel movies, a Star Wars movie, and several in house Disney movies coming out. This is a very full slate of fairly strong movies with only a couple currently really flying under the radar.
2015 will mark the year that tests the synergetic powerhouse that Disney has built by acquiring Pixar, Marvel, and then Lucasfilm. From the looks of it, Disney will fly with flying colors.
Which Disney movie are you most looking forward to in 2015?
[Tweet “Which Disney movie are you most looking forward to in 2015? “]
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Disney Store to Unveil New Product Collections and Collectibles at D23 Expo 2017 - June 23, 2017
- Ron Howard Takes Over Directing Duties for Han Solo Movie [UPDATED] - June 22, 2017
- Disneyland Summer Fun – Geeks Corner – Episode 638 - June 20, 2017