LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Guests will continue to find an extra sprinkle of pixie dust all summer long when they visit Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios creates Limited Time Magic for the annual, fan-proclaimed “Star Wars Day,” May 4 – a date that Star Wars fans worldwide turn into a celebratory pun, “May the Fourth Be With You!” This one-day-only celebration features special Star Wars entertainment, shows, characters, exclusive merchandise, a Star Wars dance party and a Star Wars-themed fireworks show to cap off the day. Also included: a special edition of Jedi Training Academy, where parents join their children for the training and finale with villains from the Galactic Empire.
These and many more special experiences to surprise and delight Disney Parks guests are rolling out each week in 2013. Unique, magical, memory-filled – and each for a limited time only.
Limited Time Magic was inspired by the reality that many of life’s most cherished memories are made during those special, but fleeting, moments when families spend time together with shared experiences.
Here’s a sampling of Limited Time Magic in store for guests this summer and beyond in 2013:
- Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
- Pirate Week: The adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash — this fall — in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
- Unleash the Villains: A Friday the 13th in 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland and Disney Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th Hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Capt. Hook, Jafar and other Disney villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and nighttime mischief on Friday, Sept. 13.
Earlier this year, Limited time Magic offerings included:
- Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., added a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivered a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
- Golden Horseshoe Revue: A tribute to the fabled Frontierland show came to Disneyland for one month only, bringing back some of the fun-filled humor, songs and dance numbers often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.
- During “Long Lost Friends Week,” lesser-known Disney characters moved from the shadows to the spotlight with meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters including Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum surprised and delighted park guests. And Disney guests even had the chance to vote online for which characters they wanted to see.
- True Love: Some 100 couples renewed their vows with pomp and circumstance outside Cinderella Castle on Valentine’s Day. The romance was turned up with an enchanting Valentine’s week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Plus, both coasts’ iconic castles were bathed in hues of red and pink.
Disney dream makers are crafting more surprises and magical offers that will be rolled out weekly during the magical year. The experience of the week will be announced in a variety of ways including in-park, Disneyworld.com, Disneyland.com, Facebook, Twitter, the Disney Parks Blog – adding to the element of surprise.
For more information about Limited Time Magic, guests should visit www.disneyparks.com.
About Walt Disney World Resort
Walt Disney World Resort is a contiguous 40-square-mile, world-class entertainment and recreation destination featuring four theme parks (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park); two water adventure parks (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon); 34 resort hotels (25 owned and operated by Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, includes seven Disney Vacation Club resort properties); 81 holes of golf on five courses; two full-service spas; Disney’s Wedding Pavilion; ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex; and Downtown Disney. Located at Lake Buena Vista, Fla., 20 miles southwest of Orlando, Walt Disney World Resort opened Oct. 1, 1971, and is open daily, year-round. For more information, visit www.disneyparks.com.
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015