Take a Spin Around The Happiest App on Earth!
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Feb. 2, 2012) – The magical sights and sounds ofDisneyland Resort can now be discovered with “Disneyland Explorer,” the official Disney Parks app available for iPad. The free app invites parents and kids to explore some of the many thrilling and whimsical experiences that can be found at Disneyland Resort, a premiere, multi-day, family vacation destination in Southern California.
With “Disneyland Explorer,” users can swipe their way from Pirates of the Caribbean to “World of Color” to themed suites at the Disneyland Hotel, discovering more than 100 exciting things to see and do across the resort. Users tap beautiful images, animation and interactive touch points that represent experiences inside Disneyland park, Disney California Adventure park, Downtown Disney District and all three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
Touch points within the photo-realistic carousel reveal photos, videos and special activities inspired by classic attractions and entertainment. As users explore the Resort, day changes to night with spectacular colors, lights, and fireworks.
Animations are triggered as users scroll through the parks, hotels and Downtown Disney District, revealing surprises such as Dumbo in flight above Sleeping Beauty Castle. Users discover items that are both fun and historical, from the Mad Hatter popping out of a tea cup to vintage video of Walt Disney dedicating Disneyland.
- Tour the galaxy with Star Tours – the Adventures Continue
- Learn to draw their favorite Disney characters at the Animation Academy
- Create their own musical water show in “World of Color”
- Steer a Soarin’ hang glider over California, while collecting and sharing personalized postcards
- Bring the iconic dolls of “it’s a small world” to life and hear the classic song in five different languages
- Snap photos of the elusive Yeti as he roams across Matterhorn Mountain
- Take part in a raging sea battle in Pirates of the Caribbean
“Disneyland Explorer” is a free app, available exclusively from App Store on iPad (www.itunes.com/appstore). More of the fun and excitement at the Disneyland Resort will become available on “Disneyland Explorer” throughout the year.
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprised of unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent DVC units; the magical, newly renovated, 969-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” fun. For information on attractions and vacations at Disneyland Resort, visitwww.disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents.
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015