World of Color – Season of Light has returned to the Disneyland Resort for the holiday season. Throughout the holiday season guests will be able to experience this magical holiday spectacular nightly in the Paradise Bay at Disney California Adventure. The Daps Magic team was invited to cover the opening of the Holidays at Disneyland Resort and filmed the opening night performance of World of Color – Season of Light. Along with getting to experience this beautiful show, Disney also shared some fun facts about this magnificent and merry show. Check them all out below!
Fun facts about ‘World of Color – Season of Light’
- “World of Color – Season of Light” opens with the last leaves of fall giving way to the arrival of winter, as Mickey Mouse and his pals begin to decorate their homes for Christmas. The spectacular then features themes that capture the magic of the holidays:
- Snow: The Frost Fairies from “Fantasia” create a shimmering winter wonderland.
- Love and Romance: Favorite Disney fairytale couples show the meaning of true love as their romance brings warmth to the holiday season.
- Family and Home: From Andy’s family in Pixar’s “Toy Story” to a “Mele Kalikimaka” with Stitch and his ‘ohana’ and a “Feliz Navidad” from the Three Caballeros, this story demonstrates that precious family moments are cherished for years to come.
- The Nutcracker: The dancing hippos, ostriches, elephants and alligators from Disney’s “Fantasia” add a comical moment to this performance as they dance to the holiday classic of Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker” ballet.
- Lights: All is merry and bright as Goofy prepares his holiday light display – until his over-the-top spectacle short circuits, leading to a “Blue Christmas” with Sadness from Pixar’s “Inside Out.”
- Peace on Earth: In the enchanting finale, the lagoon is illuminated with the light of hope, leaving guests filled with the spirit of peace, joy and goodwill.
- The soundtrack of catchy tunes features popular musical artists performing favorite holiday songs that guests will want to sing along to:
- “The Christmas Song” by Nat King Cole
- “Let It Snow” by Dean Martin
- “Baby It’s Cold Outside” by Michael Bublé and Idina Menzel
- “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Amy Grant
- “Mele Kalikimaka” by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters
- “Feliz Navidad” by José Feliciano
- “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies” by Pentatonix
- “Wizards in Winter” by Transiberian Orchestra
- “Blue Christmas” by Elvis Presley
- “Let There Be Peace on Earth” by Heather Headley
- Five barges ignite in a brilliant lighting effect to create the grand finale for “World of Color – Season of Light,” filling the lagoon with a magical glow. Plus, more than 800 individual light fixtures illuminate the show.
- The fountain heights during the show start at 30 feet and can reach up to 200 feet in the air, 50 feet taller than the Pixar Pal-A-Round.
- The 3.5 acres of Paradise Bay set the stage for “World of Color – Season of Light,” as more than 1,200 fountains bring the show to life.
What do you think of World of Color – Season of Light? Did you know these fun facts? Which one is your favorite? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!