Tiana’s Palace is now open at Disneyland in New Orleans Square. If today is any indication, this is the new hot spot not just in New Orleans Square, but at Disneyland! On the morning of September 7, 2023, the newest dining location at the Disneyland Resort officially opened to guests. This came after a special oepning ceremony that had cast members in attendance, along with Princess Tiana!
Shortly after the location opened, a line could be seen stretching around the outside of Tiana’s Palace in New Orleans Square. In the line, guests could be seen dressed in outfits themed to the new location. While the line easily stretched over an hour, there was a festive atmosphere both in the line and also inside. Adding to the excitement was the performance of the Jambalaya Jazz Band on the stage.
Inside the restaurant, things were humming and seemed to be operating in a smooth and efficient way. The cast members at the location were enjoying welcoming people to the location and the guests were enjoying being welcomed. People were being let into the location at a steady but regulated pace that kept both the inside of the restaurant and the dining area from being too crowded. This also kept the environment light hearted and happy, which seems very appropriate for a restaurant that brings Princess Tiana’s story to life.
Finally, the building itself looks beautiful. The colors are happy and reminiscent of Princess Tiana. The area outside is open, airy, and fresh. Inside has a refreshing and cool feel. There are some Easter Eggs to be found in the decorations on the wall. There are also some murals that show the bayou… and if you look close you’ll see a star or two that might be recognizeable by fans of the movie. Watching the beignets being made adds an extra fun element to the restaurant as well. The window for mobile order is also a great addition as well! Down below there is a video tour of the inside of Tiana’s Palace from a media preview that was given on September 6th. This is followed by a look at the location on its opening day. Check it all out and then share what you think so far!
Tiana’s Palace Tour – Media Preview
Opening Day – Tiana’s Palace
Daps Magic has tried almost everything on the menu now at Tiana’s Palace. There will be a review up very soon on Daps Magic of this new dining location at the Disneyland Resort. If you are going to visit Tiana’s Palace, here are a few tips for getting the most out of your visit!
- Pick a time that isn’t a peak meal time. Sometimes not showing right up at lunchtime or dinner time will lead to a shorter wait.
- Bring patience. Everyone else wants the exact thing that you do, to eat at this new restaurant! Help make the experience more positive for everyone, as opposed to the alternative.
- Check out the menu ahead of time to make it easier to decide (seen below). In short, everything the Daps Magic team has tried we have liked!
- Use mobile order! If you don’t want to wait in line, wait virtually with mobile order! Do remember, however, that it isn’t the same exact experience as walking through the restaurant, seeing biegnets being made, and the food is plated slightly differently!
- Keep Kind. Through it all, everyone will have a better time if you keep kind. That’s what Tiana would want, right?
Tiana’s Palace Menu
What do you think of Tiana’s Palace? Are you going to eat there? Have you eaten there? What are you most looking forward to trying? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!