Jump to recipe
Today Daps Magic continues its series of salad recipes for enjoying throughout the summer. Today’s salad comes from EPCOT’s Sunshine Seasons. It is a Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad. This recipe has beets, candied pecans, and peppered goat cheese and makes for a perfect summertime salad. Check out the recipe below, give it a shot, and then share how it turned out in the comments below!
GEEK EATS: Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe From Sunshine Seasons
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
- 2 small golden beets
- 2 small red beets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
PEPPERED GOAT CHEESE
- 1 (4-ounce) log goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 3/4 cups olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 flatbread crackers
FOR ROASTED BEETS:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Trim the tops and bottoms of beets and wash thoroughly. Coat with vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a roasting pan, add 1 1/2 cups of water, and bake for about 90 minutes or until beets can easily be pierced with a knife.
- When beets are tender, remove from oven, transfer to a bowl and cover with foil. (This will allow the beets to steam and the skin to come off easily.) After beets cool, remove skin and dice; refrigerate.
FOR CANDIED PECANS
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, blend the water, sugar, vanilla,
- and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and reduce to the consistency of syrup.
- Place the pecans in a glass mixing bowl and pour the hot syrup over the
- pecans; spread on prepared pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
FOR PEPPERED GOAT CHEESE:
- Coat goat cheese with black pepper, then cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Refrigerate until ready to assemble salad.
FOR ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD:
- Combine the honey and vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk until honey is dissolved. Slowly add the oil, whisking continually, until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss greens with dressing and divide evenly among 4 plates.
- Top with reserved beets, candied pecans, and peppered goat cheese. Serve with flatbread crackers.
© 2023 dapsmagic.com
How did this recipe turn out for you? Did you pick up any tips that are worth sharing? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!