Jump to recipe
With it now being the middle of summer, it is the perfect time to continue to enjoy salads. They offer a refreshing meal that offer a respite to the heat. Daps Magic is continuing to share a series of five salad recipes from Walt Disney World that are perfect for a summer’s day. Today’s Plant-based Quinoa Salad Recipe comes from Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It is the recipe that has been modified and shared by Disney to be made at home. Check out the recipe below, give it a try, and then share how it turned out!
GEEK EATS: Plant-based Quinoa Salad Recipe From Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine water and quinoa in medium saucepan. Bring to boil over high
- heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, until liquid is
- Cool quinoa in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Place cooled quinoa in large mixing bowl. Add raisins, dried apricots,
- chopped red onion, cucumber, mint, lemon juice, and olive oil and stir to
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
© 2023 dapsmagic.com
How did the Plant-based Quinoa Salad turn out for you? What did you think of it? Have you had it at Disney’s Animal Kingdom? How did it compare? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!