Jump to recipe
The 2022 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival is now in the full swing of things. This delicious festival has many different flavors and culinary experiences that come from around the world. One offering is the Rocky Road Cake at the Flavors from Fire Global Marketplace.
Today Disney has shared a recipe for this delicious cake. It may look like it is a very intricate and difficult cake to make, but it isn’t! Take a look at the recipe below, give it a shot, and then share how it turned out!
Rocky Road Cake – GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
SPICY SUGARED ALMONDS
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup unsalted almonds
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Sea salt
- Reserved chocolate ganache
FOR SPICY SUGARED ALMONDS:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine 1 teaspoon sugar with the cinnamon and cayenne in a small bowl; set aside.
- Stir remaining 1/3 cup sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Carefully add almonds and stir frequently for 8-10 minutes, until water evaporates. Continue stirring for 2-3 minutes, until sugar begins to caramelize. Sprinkle cinnamon reserved mixture over almonds and stir to mix.
- Carefully pour almonds onto prepared baking sheet, separating with spatula.
- Cool completely, then coarsely chop. Store in airtight container up to 3 days.
FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- Spray eight 6-ounce ramekins with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium glass bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Pour over chocolate. Let chocolate sit for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of ganache in each ramekin and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Keep remaining ganache at room temperature until ready to serve.
FOR CHOCOLATE-BUTTERMILK CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add egg, oil, and buttermilk. Whisk to combine. Carefully add boiling water and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Remove ramekins filled with ganache from refrigerator and fill each with 1/3 cup cake batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Carefully remove cakes from ramekins. Top each rock road cake with 2 tablespoons of mini marshmallows and 1 tablespoon of spicy-sweet almonds. Warm chocolate ganache in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Drizzle ganache over each cake and sprinkle with sea salt.
© 2023 dapsmagic.com
How did your Rocky Road Cake turn out? Have you had it at the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival? The festival continues through November 19, 2022. Share your thoughts, experiences, and opinions in the comments below!