Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness finds Doctor Strange journeying into the new unknown of the multiverse facing a deadly foe that threatens to not only destroy Strange, but potentially everything everywhere. Now, this Marvel Cinematic Universe movie is available to watch from the comfort of one’s own home via digital download. It will soon be available on various disc formats on July 26.
This is a movie that is a lot of fun to watch in terms of quality. There are moments that are absolutely mind-blowing with how the visual and audio effects work together to help move the story forward. There were also a few moments where my eyebrow definitely went up and I wondered what had happened. Overall, this is a very enjoyable film to look at and listen to. However, it isn’t flawless and it could have used a little more polishing at certain points.
I really enjoy the extras on Marvel movies. These bonus features were no exception. They were enjoyable to watch and added depth to the movie, adding to its re-watchability. All three featurettes are worth watching and quite enjoyable. The deleted scenes and audio commentary were also a lot of fun. The bloopers were just mildly amusing to me. Below is a look at all that was offered with the film for the home release:
- Method to the Madness – Join various crew members and Marvel employees in interviews as they discuss their love of Sam Raimi and all the details of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness that make it quintessentially Raimi.
- Introducing America Chavez – In this short and fun profile piece, we’ll learn about America’s humble beginnings in the comics. We’ll meet Xochitl Gomez and discuss the complications her character’s unique power presents for the future of the MCU.
- Constructing the Multiverse – Writing a feature film for Marvel is no easy task. In this playful yet informative featurette, we’ll dive into the challenges that writer Michael Waldron faced in creating the twisting and turning story of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- A Great Team – A journalist questions Doctor Strange’s integrity.
- Pizza Poppa – Bruce is relieved when Doctor Strange’s spell ends.
- It’s Not Permanent – Bruce tries to accuse Doctor Strange of being an imposter.
- View the film with audio commentary by Sam Raimi, Richie Palmer, and Michael Waldron.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was not at all what I expected it to be. I really did think it would be more terrifying and tense. While it definitely pulled inspiration from horror films, it didn’t quite hit the mark for me on that. However, it is a really fun ride and an enjoyable movie to watch. Also, because it didn’t lean as heavy into horror as I was expecting, it has a more universal appeal. Was it my favorite movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Nope, it is probably somewhere in the lower middle. Did it have some incredible moments that might end up being some of my favorites? Absolutely! There were some of my favorite moments in the MCU in this movie! At the end of the day, this is a movie that I enjoyed watching at home more than in the theaters, partially because of the accompanying bonus features. This is definitely a must-add for any Marvel fan. I’ll give it a nod of the hat in the hat rating scale (seen below).
DAPS MAGIC was given an experience or product free of charge to review that was used for this coverage. The opinions given in this review were that of the reviewer. There are no claims of being an expert. This is simply a review given with honest opinions.
Mr. DAPs Hat Rating Scale
- No Hat – Didn’t meet expectations
- Hat Nod – It was ok
- Hat Tip – It was good
- Hat’s Off – Loved it!