Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is opening on May 27 at EPCOT. With it, the Wonders of Xandar Pavilion will also be unveiled. With its opening, guests will be able to learn more about the technology and culture of the people of Xandar, who have now come to Earth.
A new commercial released about the attraction gives some clues as to what will be experienced when it opens to the public on May 27. Check it out here:
In the commercial, some of the plot points for the attraction appear to be revealed. This includes an SOS from Nova Corps as the “Earth’s EPCOT is in danger!” The Xandarians have arrived at EPCOT to oversee the Wonders of Xandar pavilion it appears. Unfortunately, things appear to be disappearing… in fact, they appear to be rewinding out of existence! The Guardians of the Galaxy were relaxing but that is about to change. As Rocket is trying to fix Peter Quill’s Awesome Mix Tape, Groot discovers the distress call. An officer cries for help before also apparently rewinding out of existence. “It’s save the galaxy time – again,” Rocket says as he gets the ship going and apparently heading to the rescue.
Along with announcing the release date and sharing a commercial for the attraction. Walt Disney World Resort President Jeff Vahle also announced that cast members will be getting previews of the attraction as well.
A New Kind of Family Thrill
In addition to the Wonders of Xandar pavilion, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will offer several other “firsts,” including:
- The first coaster attraction at EPCOT.
- The first reverse launch for a Disney coaster.
- The first Walt Disney World attraction to feature the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- I am Groot.
The Wonders of Xandar Pavilion
Xandarians have come to Earth and are hard at work building their new EPCOT pavilion. Highlights include:
- The Galaxarium, a sweeping planetarium-style space showcasing planets, stars and other intergalactic wonders that connect Terra and Xandar.
- The Xandar Gallery, where guests will discover more about the Xandarian people, culture and history – including the heroes of Xandar – through specially crafted displays and projections.
- I … am … Grooooot.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be one of the longest fully enclosed coasters in the world, housed in one of the largest show buildings ever constructed for a Disney theme park.
- By volume, four Spaceship Earths would fit inside the attraction’s massive new show building.
- Academy Award® nominee Glenn Close reprises her role from “Guardians of the Galaxy” as Nova Prime, the leader of Xandar and commander of the Nova Corps.
- Disney Imagineers were recently on-set for “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” to film with the Guardians for this new attraction.
- A Starblaster will stand outside the Wonders of Xandar building, the first full-size version of this Xandarian ship ever built.
- AM. GROOT!
What do you think about the opening announcement for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind? Are you excited about the addition of this pavilion and attraction to EPCOT? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!