A new featurette for LAUNCHPAD has arrived ahead of the series arrival on Disney+ on May 28th. This comes as submissions are being accepted for the second season of the series. The featurette entitled, Embrace Yourself, takes a behind-the-scenes look at the creators behind the first six shorts that are a part of the inaugural season.
Embrace Yourself Featurette – Disney’s LAUNCHPAD Shorts
When they arrive exclusively on Disney+ on May 28th, the LAUNCHPAD series will include six shorts from dynamic new storytellers. Disney created LAUNCHPAD to diversify storytelling and the people who get to tell the stories as they reach out to empower people who normally wouldn’t have had access to the ability and tools to create these types of shorts.
Here are the six shorts included in the first season of LAUNCHPAD:
- “AMERICAN EID,” Written and Directed by Aqsa Altaf.
- “DINNER IS SERVED,” Directed by Hao Zheng, Written by G. Wilson & Hao Zheng.
- “GROWING FANGS,” Written and Directed by Ann Marie Pace.
- “LET’S BE TIGERS,” Written and Directed by Stefanie Abel Horowitz.
- “THE LAST OF THE CHUPACABRAS,” Written and Directed by Jessica Mendez Siqueiros.
- “THE LITTLE PRINCE(SS),” Written and Directed by Moxie Peng.
Currently, submissions are being accepted for the second season of LAUNCHPAD. It’s season revolves around the theme of “Connection.” It also includes a writer’s track. Applications will continue to be accepted through June 11th at: https://launchpad.disney.com/
For the first season of LAUNCHPAD, both cameras and lenses were provided by Panavision. “Panavision and Disney share a commitment to empowering storytellers from a diverse cross section of communities,” says Panavision President and CEO Kim Snyder.
Are you excited to watch the first season of LAUNCHPAD when it arrives on Disney+ on May 28th? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!