Ever since Lumiere first said “try the grey stuff, it’s delicious,” Disney fans have wanted to do just that. Along comes the Be Our Guest restaurant at Walt Disney World Resort and suddenly guests could try it. Later it arrived at the Red Rose Taverne at the Disneyland Resort. Now, it is coming home since Disney has released the recipe so Disney fans can make it in their own homes.
While there might not be many guests coming over due to people staying and home, they can still recreate this iconic dish from Beauty and the Beast. Give it a shot and then share how it turned out. Was it delicious?
The Grey Stuff - GEEK EATS Disney Recipes
- 1½ cups milk
- 3.4-oz. package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 15 cookies-and-cream sandwich cookies (think Oreo-type cookies)
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 1 tbsp. instant chocolate pudding mix
- Scalloped cookies
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of milk in a mixing bowl. Add 3.4 ounces of instant vanilla pudding mix, and whisk until smooth.
- Take 15 cookie and cream sandwiches and place them in your food processor, puree until cookies are finely ground.
- Add the pureed cookies to the original mix. Stir with a spoon until ingredients are fully mixed.
- Add 8 ounces of whipped topping and 1 tablespoon of instant chocolate pudding mix. Stir all ingredients until fully mixed.
- Take mix and put in refrigerator. Chill to thicken.
- Place your mix (“grey stuff”) into a piping bag. Put aside.
- Take a scalloped cookie and spread grey stuff with piping bag.
- Enjoy your very own grey stuff, because, as Lumiere says, “It’s delicious!”