Sometimes you stumble on dishes that become instant favorites. For me, that happened this week while sheltering in place and cooking dinner for myself. As I was looking around the kitchen thinking of things I could make ahead of watching the Phat Cat Swing live Instagram show, I found myself inspired. I realized I had pulled pork I had made in the instant pot a couple of nights before and also the ingredients needed to make homemade macaroni and cheese. Then I vaguely remember seeing somewhere pulled pork on top of macaroni and cheese somewhere. Thus, my dinner was born.
As is so often the case, I posted my cooking progress on my Instagram as is often the case. While I often get a lot of responses on my cooking adventures, this recipe definitely got much more. Many people were asking for the recipe. While I basically just threw stuff together off the top of my head, I more or less know what I did and how much so today I will share that with you! I hope you enjoy! Please let me know how it turned out and any tweaks you made and I will add them into the notes!
Mr. DAPs' Mac n' Cheese with Pulled Pork Recipe - GEEK EATS
Mac n' Cheese
- 1 box/bag of elbow macaroni (or pasta of choice, I've used penne in the past as well)
- 1/4 cup butter (can use less if attempting to somehow be healthier)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 3 lbs boneless pork roast (cut into 3-4 inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or a little more)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (divided) - get the good stuff!
- 1/1/4 beef broth