The Disney Parks culinary teams at both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts have been really upping their game when it comes to having plant-based offerings. There are now hundreds of different plant-based options to be found on different menus in the Disney Parks. You can find these offerings by looking for the green leaf on the menus. One location with new plant-based offerings is Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. It now has three new options for those looking for their green leaf on the menu. These include a plant-based burger, plant-based loaded tots, and then plant-based cookie fries for dessert.
Today, DAPS MAGIC is pleased to share the recipe for the plant-based cookie fries that are served at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop for you to recreate at home. Take a look at the recipe below, give it a try, and then share how it turned out in the comments below!
Plant-Based Cookie Fries from Beaches & Cream Soda Shop - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
Chef’s Note: Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow dipping sauces!
When visiting the Walt Disney World Resort it is a good idea to book reservations for Beaches & Cream Soda Shop. This can be done on the My Experience App or by visiting the Walt Disney World Resort website! We hope you enjoyed this recipe! Bon Appetite!