Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be opening at the Disneyland Resort on January 17, 2020. With the arrival of this incredible new attraction it is expected that there will also be a fairly substantial influx of guests as well. Because of this, there are a few things to know before you come to the Disneyland Resort to experience this new attraction. To get the most out of your experience at the Disneyland Resort and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge once this attraction is open, here are a few good things to know so you are ready!
It had been previously announced that Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance would be utilizing a virtual queue when it opens. According to the Disney Parks Blog, this might not be a sure thing. It will be utilized as needed. What does this mean for the guests visiting that day? Be prepared! Here are a few things to do to be ready to go on Rise of the Resistance.
- Download the Disneyland app and turn the notifications on. Do this before you leave for the park as the wifi and cell speeds can vary.
- Once at Disneyland on January 17 or beyond, open the Disneyland app. There will be a link that says: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Access by Boarding Group on the main page.
- Request to join a boarding group with this page on the Disneyland app. This will only be possible during published Disneyland Park hours.
- Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the attraction queue. Status of boarding groups can be seen on the app.
- For those without the Disneyland App, there will be locations inside of Disneyland where boarding groups can be joined as well. Park admission will be scanned inn order to get a boarding group.
- Signs throughout Disneyland will display status of boarding groups.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance admission is subject to capacity. Having an assigned boarding group does not guarantee entrance to the attraction.
Disneyland Apps in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
While you are waiting for your boarding group to be called, there are other things you can do with the Disneyland and Play Disney Parks apps both in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and beyond. This can be a great perk for park guests that the DAPS MAGIC has discovered they really enjoy!
- Mobile Ordering – The Disneyland app can be utilized to order food in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Ronto Roasters, Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, and also blue and green milk at the Milk Stand. There are other locations throughout the Disneyland Resort where food can be mobile ordered. In general, this saves a lot of time.
- Make Reservations – Reservations can also be made ahead for other experiences in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. This includes building a lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop, building a droid at the Droid Depot, or enjoy the local watering hole at Oga’s Cantina. Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance on the Disneyland app or Disneyland website.
- Star Wars: Datapad – Explore and experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in an immersive way with thee Play Disney Parks mobile app. With the Star Wars: Datapad, the Play Disney Parks app turns your phone into a Datapad that can interact with the land. Guests can choose to support the Resistance or First Order as they do jobs throughout Black Spire Outpost.
Getting the Most Out of Your Day and Experience
For many people wanting to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance that will be the main focal point for the day. Remember though, there are many other experiences to be had throughout the land and beyond. There are also some things to keep in mind to get the most out of the day.
- Bounding on Batuu is encouraged as long as it stays within the guidelines shared by Disney. This can be a fun way to show support for either the Resistance or First Order and also get some fantastic photos in the land!
- Prepare for the long haul! Arriving early doesn’t necessarily mean guests will be boarding the attraction early. It could be a very long day while waiting to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Remember these things:
- Dress appropriately. It will most likely be significantly warmer during the day than at night. Layers will be your friend.
- Have a flexible game plan for food and snacks.
- Make sure you bring extra batteries for both phones or cameras.
- Bring a sense of humor and patience. Everybody most likely wants to experience what you want to experience. Cast Members want you to have the best experience as well. Just roll with whatever happens and make the most out of it!
- Wear comfortable shoes! You don’t want aches and pains or even worse blisters!
- HYDRATE! Nothing can ruin a Disney day easier than not being hydrated and having all of the not so fun side effects that can come with that.
- Go on an adventure! There will also be many other things going on around the Disneyland Resort outside of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Take a break and go check them out! There is a lot of fun things to do both at Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, and also the Downtown Disney District. This includes attractions, food, shopping/merchandise, entertainment, and fun photo adventures!
- Utilize FastPass/MaxPass system to get the most out of the day and experience other attractions around the Disneyland Resort.
- Bring friends who you enjoy and who also enjoy similar things as you. This can add a lot to the day. Basically, surround yourself with the most positive Disney/Star Wars loving people you know and make it a great day!
When new attractions arrive at a Disney theme park it always leads to a new energy and excitement. For many fans, they will want to be the first to experience this. This can make for a very exciting day if you are ready for it. Make sure to prepare for the day both with what you need technologically and physically, but also get in the right mind space. Remember it will be a new attraction with new challenges and surprise for everyone. This can also lead to unexpected reactions. Bring your patience, sense of adventure, and sense of humor and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be incredible (even if things get bumpy along the way).
Are you going to go and experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance? If so, when do you plan on doing this? How early will you show up? Do you have any tips to share with other guests visiting the Disneyland Resort? Share with us below!