With Pixar Pier opening at Disney California Adventure, there are some new foods coming for guests to enjoy. The Lamplight Lounge has Potato Skins on its menu. Offered both upstairs and downstairs at Lamplight Lounge, it is one of the best ways to eat Yukon Gold Potatoes!
For those of you who can’t make it to Pixar Pier this summer but still want a taste of Disney magic, the Disneyland Resort has shared the recipe with DAPS MAGIC. Make this appetizer at home and then let us know what you thought of it! Then, compare yours with what you try at Lamplight Lounge!
Geek Eats Disney Recipe: Potato Skins Recipe – Lamplight Lounge at Pixar Pier
LAMPLIGHT LOUNGE AT PIXAR PIER (ANAHEIM, Calif.) ? Opening on June 23 as part of the newly re-imagined land of Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure Park is the Lamplight Lounge. An elegant yet fun gathering place for the entire family, Lamplight Lounge offers picturesque waterfront views of Paradise Bay from both upstairs and downstairs. The California casual gastro-pub cuisine will feature unique signature cocktails and fun new menu items, including these potato skins with butter-caper yogurt, smoked paprika ai¨oli and Manchego cheese. (Disneyland Resort)
- 8 cups cold water
- 9 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 pound small gold potatoes (12 small potatoes)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 (5.5 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
SMOKED PAPRIKA AÏOLI
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Manchego cheese
- Micro cilantro
- Combine water, garlic, shallot, thyme, lemon, salt, and potatoes in stock pot. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, paprika, and cayenne in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Smash potatoes gently between two baking sheets until they are in slightly flattened circles.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll smashed potatoes in cornstarch mix and coat on all sides. Place on parchment lined baking pan and freeze for at least 2 hours.
FOR CAPER YOGURT:
- Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat until melted. Add drained capers and cook for 5 minutes. Remove capers from butter and cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine Greek yogurt, lemon zest and juice, and salt in a small bowl. Add reserved capers. Season with pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR POTATO SKINS:
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 350°F.
- Drain capers and fry for 3-5 minutes, until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Remove potatoes from freezer and fry for 3 minutes, until crispy.
- Top potatoes with Manchego cheese, fried capers, and micro cilantro.
- Serve with caper yogurt and paprika aïoli.
What did you think of this recipe? Let us know in the comments below!