“The roads we walk have demons beneath. And yours have been waiting for a very long time.”
It should come as no surprise but Sherlock: Series 4 is looking like it will be quite a bit darker. Just how dark things get won’t be unveiled until it comes to the BBC and PBS on January 1, 2017. In the meantime, PBS has released a few photos from the upcoming season that give another look at what is coming in January.
Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes are back together after the shocking ending of Series 3 and then the special, Abominable Bride.
A new baby has come to the Watson household and Sherlock apparently will have to come to grips with not being the center of attention?
Mrs. Hudson doesn’t sound to be super happy in this season, judging by the most recent preview. This picture seems to back up the fact that there will be some conflict between Sherlock and his landlady.
Here’s Culverton Smith, portrayed by Toby Jones. He will be the villain up against Sherlock in this coming series. In the original books, there was a character named Culverton who appeared in “The Dying Detective.” In this story, Sherlock convinced Culverton that he was on his deathbed. Will there be a similar plot line coming this season?
Dr. John Watson has apparently decided, or been convinced, that the mustache isn’t such a good idea after all.
With just over a month to go before Sherlock: Series 4 comes to TV screens we still don’t know a ton about what is coming. Here are a few things that are known.
- The first episode will be The Six Thatchers and the second The Lying Detective.
- The third episode title has not been released, quite possibly because it would be a spoiler of some sort.
- This season will be dark and there could be some heartbreak that happens. “We’re certainly going to put them through the mill,” Moffat told Entertainment Weekly. “It’s going to be more of an emotional upheaval. Hopefully enjoyable and fun, all the things Sherlock must always be. It will be tough at times. Maybe that’s the word? A tougher series.”
- Toby Jones will be playing the villain Culverton Smith, in the original books this character infects Sherlock with a tropical disease in an effort to murder him.
- Sacha Dhawan will be playing a character named AJ.
- A dog will be making an appearance. It is unknown if this dog will be Toby, who appeared in the original written stories.
So there you have it. There is quite a lot to be excited for about this upcoming series of Sherlock! Are you excited for it? Do you have any predictions? Let us know in the comments below!