Magical Friday Deals Available on DisneyStore.com at Midnight on Thanksgiving Day and More Than 150 Stores Opening at Midnight on Magical Friday
PASADENA, Calif., Nov. 21, 2011–Shoppers are looking for Black Friday deals earlier than ever and Disney Store is meeting the demand by once again opening more than 150 stores at midnight on “Magical Friday” (Black Friday). Disney Store will launch Magical Friday deals on DisneyStore.com at midnight (PST) on Thursday, November 24 and open its premier Times Square store on Thanksgiving Day for the first time to serve international tourists and local guests ready to join in the holiday magic in the city of New York. Disney Store will also give free Muppets stickers, and offer deals on toys to celebrate the opening of Disney’s The Muppets on November 23. At Disney Store locations nationwide guests who arrive between midnight and 10 a.m. on Magical Friday can take advantage of a 20 percent discount store-wide, including already-discounted merchandise (some exclusions apply).
Disney Store makes finding the perfect gift for every budget easy with the season’s hottest Disney toys, lifestyle products and seasonal decor at $10, $15, and $20 price points. For guests who prefer mobile shopping, for the first time ever, a Disney Store App for iOS devices allows anytime, anywhere holiday shopping, making gift giving easier and more convenient than ever.
(Editors’ note: For a complete list of Disney Store locations opening at midnight on Black Friday, please go to www.disneyconsumerproducts.com/press/us/disneystore. Press interviews and in-store media coverage opportunities available to schedule.)
Giving back to the community, Disney Store will donate $1 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation for each Mickey and Minnie Mouse holiday plush sold from October 31-December 11 at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com.
“On Magical Friday we expect more than 1.5 million guests to visit our more than 200 Disney Store locations nationwide to get the best deals on one-of-a-kind Disney holiday merchandise,” said Jim Fielding, president, Disney Stores Worldwide. “This is the fourth year we’re opening stores at midnight to serve guests that are eager to find gifts early, and we’ve stocked our shelves with the greatest collection of gift options featuring a wide assortment of Disney characters fit for every budget. There is something for every kid and for the kid in all of us, and when guests visit Disney Store on Magical Friday they will find a fun and festive atmosphere.”
Disney Store and DisneyStore.com‘s great options to complete any holiday shopping list, include:
- Cars 2 Transforming Action Figures—These action figures each come with special equipment that they keep hidden until they are ready for action. Kids can select from Holly Shiftwell, Mater and Lightning McQueen styles.
- —Turn every play time into a fairy tale with an Ariel, Belle, Cinderella or The Beast classic doll.
- —Now kids will be able to create their own adventures with these elaborate Disney Fairies, Disney Princess or Toy Story figurine sets.
- —Master spy Finn McMissile and his crime-fighting partner team up on this Cars 2 Siddeley Spy Jet Shoot Out Play Set. Finn stows away inside Siddeley until you press the button and launch him into the action for more espionage excitement.
- —Bedazzle your little maid with the bejeweled beauty case that’s filled with a bounty of glittering baubles.
- —Kids will snuggle in after a day of winter fun in these soft pajamas that feature a selection of their favorite Disney characters.
- —Take the Piston Cup champion for a spin with Disney Store’s exclusive edition Lightning McQueen remote control vehicle. Sporting his new Cars 2 look, Lightning has lots of great features including 15 phrases, lights and turbo speed function for greater high-speed thrills. Additional characters include Tow Mater and Finn McMissile.
- Animators’ Collection Princess Toddler Dolls—Named “Toy of the Year” by Family Fun Magazine, these young renditions of your favorite Disney Princess characters (Ariel, Belle, Cinderella and Snow White) were re-imagined as toddlers and created under the guidance of the Walt Disney Animation Studios animators.
- —These action figures are full of well-known phrases that will take your kids’ imagination to infinity and beyond when they play with the talking Buzz, Jessie or Woody action figures.
For those needing the help of a Fairy Godmother for holiday shopping advice, Disney Store’s concierge service allows guests to ask questions and get assistance with finding the perfect gift in real time. Chat live with Disney Store’s guest services team on Twitter with hashtag #FairyGodmother and tell us your holiday wish.
Guests can find Disney Store’s Top 10 holiday gifts and an expanded assortment of exclusive toys, apparel, holiday home décor and more at DisneyStore.com or download the free Disney Store mobile app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/apps/disneystore for shopping anytime, anywhere from a mobile device.
To find a local Disney Store, guests can visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator or call (866) 902-2798. For more information, please visit . Guests can also sign up for email alerts at www.DisneyStore.com/Updates, become a fan on Facebookwww.facebook.com/DisneyStore or follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/DisneyStore to stay connected to your favorite destination.
All special offers are available while supplies last.
About Disney Store North America
The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan. Disney Store is the retail merchandising arm of Disney Consumer Products, the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney brand to merchandise. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters. Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model. There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; and more than 100 Disney Store locations in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Ireland, Italy and Portugal, plus online stores www.DisneyStore.com andwww.disneystore.co.uk. Each Disney Store location offers a magical shopping experience that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. For more information, please visitwww.disneyconsumerproducts.com/press/us/disneystore or follow us atwww.facebook.com/DisneyStore and www.twitter.com/DisneyStore.