Halloween time means carving pumpkins, warm sweaters, and scary stories. At Knott’s Scary Farm this year, you can jump right into the scary stories that live inside your nightmares. This week, we jumped right into all our fears and experienced the horrors firsthand! Here are the top 5 reasons you should meet the monsters face to face this year!
- Theming The theming in the scare zones is some of the best it has ever been. My personal favorite is Forsaken Lake which is new to the farm this year. The monsters from the lake under Silver Bullet have risen from the depths to pull more victims to their watery graves and you never know who may be next. The zone has intricate theming and storytelling everywhere you look and you can tell a great deal of care was put into the story for guests!
- Unexpected Show Moments Throughout our night at Scary Farm, we would stumble upon fun little shows that we hadn’t expected to find! From the Thriller dancers on top of the Calico Saloon to a storytelling show moment in the Forsaken Lake scare zone, there were so many unexpected moments that kept us entertained! We often found them on accident when we were walking to and from shows and mazes and it was the best surprise!
- Exclusive Shows Along with the mini-shows of sorts, there were full-blown stage shows exclusive to the event to enjoy! Between a fun comedy improv show and the traditional satirical stage show “The Hanging” there are so many fun shows that aren’t horror oriented. While they may not be the most family friendly at times, they are certainly fast paced and keep you on your feet!
- New Mazes There are two new mazes being offered in the fog this year and they both provide spooky stories and excellent scares. The Depths sends you into underwater caverns in search of missing miners, while Dark Entities takes you into space where you are being hunted and there is no escape. Both mazes have a wonderful design and were some of my favorites of the night!
- Entertainment of Others One of the best reasons to go to Knott’s Scary Farm every year is the opportunity to sit back and watch. find a comfy bench in a scare zone and watch the monsters work their magic. You’ll see everything from high schoolers to grown adults jumping and running in fear as they are chased. You gain an even higher appreciation and respect for the monsters as they throw themselves onto the ground for a good scare.
Overall, Knott’s Scary Farm is truly bringing the frights once again this year, and I hope we see this level of continued growth into the coming years!
Are you excited for Knott’s Scary Farm this year? What is your top reason to enter the fog? Let us know!