While SDCC 2018 is happening (where Hearts of Darkness will be revealed today) there were some announcements this week for What If? issues collected, more Fantastic Four covers, and a spin-off of Black Panther.
Relive Marvel’s Legendary Tales with TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF? Comics!
New York, NY—July 16, 2018—What if the Marvel Universe was…different? From the Avengers to the Fantastic Four to the X-Men to Spider-Man, all of your favorite Marvel characters have experienced this question—with dramatic results! This fall, Marvel What Ifs? make their return, and Marvel invites you to relive some of the most classic What If? stories with a line of What If? TRUE BELIEVERS comics, available only at your local comic book shops.
Reproducing some of the most iconic and dynamic stories at the suggested retail price of $1, TRUE BELIEVERS are perfect for readers new and old. Whether it’s your first time reading these memorable tales or your hundredth – you won’t want to miss this special celebration. Look for your favorite classic stories with new and colorful re-printings!
- TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF THE AVENGERS HAD FOUGHT EVIL DURING THE 1950’s? #1: Reprinting material from What If? (1977) #9
- TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF JANE FOSTER HAD FOUND THE HAMMER OF THOR? #1: Reprinting material from What If? (1977) #10
- TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF THE ALIEN COSTUME HAD POSESSED SPIDER-MAN? #1: Reprinting material from What If? (1989) #4
- TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF SPIDER-MAN HAD RESCUED GWEN STACY? #1: Reprinting material from What If? (1977) #24
- TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF THE FANTASTIC FOUR HAD NOT GAINED THEIR POWERS? #1: Reprinting material from What If? (1977) #36
- TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF DR. DOOM HAD BECOME A HERO? #1: Reprinting material from What If? (1977) #22
- TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF KRAVEN THE HUNTER HAD KILLED SPIDER-MAN? #1: Reprinting material from What If? (1989) #17
- TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF THE SILVER SURFER POSSESSED THE INFINITY GAUNTLET? #1: Reprinting material from What If? (1989) #49
- TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF LEGION HAD KILLED MAGNETO? #1: Reprinting material from What If? (1989) #77
- TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF THE FANTASTIC FOUR HAD DIFFERENT SUPER-POWERS? #1: Reprinting material from What If? (1977) #36
Be there this October when these exciting TRUE BELIEVERS issues come to comic shops!
Award-winning author Nnedi Okorafor and Eisner-nominated artist Leonardo Romero Team Up for SHURI #1!
The new series begins this October!
New York, NY—July 18, 2018—All hail Wakanda’s technological genius! As revealed exclusively on Bustle, Marvel is thrilled to announce that this fall, award winning author Nnedi Okorafor and Eisner-nominated artist Leonardo Romero (Hawkeye) will be bringing SHURI #1 to readers everywhere! And revealed for the first time, Marvel is excited to share the dazzling cover to issue #1 by one of industry-acclaimed artist, Sam Spratt, best known for his cover art work on Janelle Monae’s “Electric Lady.”
The world of Wakanda is facing a tragic crisis: Black Panther is lost in space, and everyone is looking at who will step up to lead their country in his absence. But Shuri is happier in a lab than she is on the throne…how does a princess choose between her duties to her country and her own ideals?
“Shuri is an African young woman of genius level intelligence who is obsessed with technology and has traveled spiritually so far into the past that she’s seen Wakanda before it was Wakanda,” Okorafor told Bustle in an interview. “The Ancestors call her Ancient Future. And she’s super ambitious. What do I love about her? Alllll that and more. She’s a character in the Marvel Universe who really sings to me.”
Don’t miss all of Shuri’s adventures in SHURI #1, in comic shops this October!
Written by NNEDI OKORAFOR
Art by LEONARDO ROMERO
Cover by SAM SPRATT
Celebrate The Return of the FANTASTIC FOUR With An All-New Cover by Walt Simonson!
Dan Slott, Sara Pichelli and Esad Ribic bring you an all-new series this August!
New York, NY—July 16, 2018— This August, 57 years to the day of the FANTASTIC FOUR’s original debut, Marvel’s First Family returns as the Fantastic Four make their dramatic homecoming to the Marvel Universe!
In celebration of the much-anticipated launch of FANTASTIC FOUR #1, Marvel is excited to reveal a variant cover from legendary artist Walt Simonson!
Don’t miss the epic return of Johnny, Ben, Sue, and Reed on August 8th, when FANTASTIC FOUR #1 hits your local comic shop!
FANTASTIC FOUR #1 (JUN180762)
Written by DAN SLOTT
Art by SARA PICHELLI
Covers by ESAD RIBIC
FANTASTIC FOUR #1 SIMONSON VAR (MAY189333)
On Sale 8/8/18