Some Walt Disney World Resort hotels are just about to get a little magical. Starting October 15th, “man’s best friend” will be allowed at several hotels at the Walt Disney World Resort. The Disney Parks Blog made the announcement. It also shared that the following hotels will begin to allow dogs at the following rates:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
Disney says that up to two dogs will be allowed in each guest room. There will be easy access for the pets to relief areas and exercise areas. Upon check in the Disney Parks Blog said the following will be offered to these four legged friends:
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Disney enjoys a partnership with Best Friends Pet Care, an on-property full-service facility that can provide assistance with pet daycare and other pet services (fees apply).
- Pet merchandise is coming soon to participating resorts.
While dogs will be allowed to stay in guest rooms, they will be expected to be well behaved, leashed in public resort areas and properly vaccinated. For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407-W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.
What do you think of this new policy for Walt Disney World? Will you be bringing your dog to Disney with you? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!