The Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival returned again this spring and was incredibly popular with guests. While this year’s festival may have passed, you can still enjoy some of the flavors at home! The Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Sliders with Dole Pineapple Jam. With this recipe you can now bring a taste of Disney magic to your own kitchen!
Geek Eats: Teriyaki Chicken Sliders with Dole Pineapple Jam Recipe from the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dole pineapple juice
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 Hawaiian slider rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 (8-ounce) can Dole pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped Fresno chile
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapeño pepper
FOR TERIYAKI CHICKEN:
- Combine teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice in a small bowl. Pour over chicken thighs, cover and refrigerate for 1-8 hours.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to 350°F.
- Drain marinade from chicken and grill 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
- Cut Hawaiian rolls in half and brush with butter. Place on grill for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with pineapple jam.
FOR PINEAPPLE JAM:
- While chicken marinates, heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add sugar, vinegar and pineapple to saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until thick. Stir in chopped Fresno chiles and jalapeños.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
This is a recipe that should be very replicable at home. Then enjoy your Teriyaki Chicken Sliders in the backyard with a fun tropical drink and a simple green salad. Try this recipe at home and then let us know in the comments section what you thought of it! Did it remind you of the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival?
Mr. DAPs is the founder of DAPs Magic continues to run its day to day operations. He can be regularly found at Disneyland donning his hat and bow tie as he takes pictures and enjoys the Happiest Place on Earth. He is also a host on Geeks Corner - the Webshow and anchors news stories for DAPs Magic's YouTube channel. You can also find him posting regularly on Twitter and Instagram. He'd love to connect with you so make sure and say hi!
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)