Disneyland Paris launched its 25th anniversary celebration over the weekend with lots of sparkles and stars. There was plenty of pixie dust on hand as a quarter of a century kicked off the It’s Time to Sparkle celebration.
“Since it opened its gates in 1992, Disneyland® Paris has been a place where the young and young at heart can step into the worlds of their favorite stories, meet beloved characters, and become part of the magic in a way that only happens at a Disney Park,” said Bob Chapek, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “And we’ve got even more magic in store for our 25th anniversary.”
It’s Time To Sparkle
Disneyland Paris will be sparkling with star-filled moments and magical Disney stories. Disneyland Paris will be shining brighter than ever now during this special celebration with the following new offerings:
- Disney Stars on Parade – Mickey and the gang are becoming explorers of the future in this new parade that is promising to dazzle guests!
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue – Travel to destinations throughout the Star Wars galaxy aboard a new star speeder as Star Tours goes way beyond Endor in this new immersive version of this classic attraction.
- Mickey presents “Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris” & The Starlit Princess Waltz – On the stage by Sleeping Beauty Castle, these two new daytime shows will bring even more magic to the 25th anniversary celebration every day!
- Disney Illuminations – This new kiss goodnight at Disneyland Paris is a new night-time spectacular featuring state-of-the-art technology that will give guests a magical end to their evening at the Disneyland Park in Paris.
“We are proud to bring Walt’s heritage to life in the heart of Europe, to have made strong ties with Paris and France and to have made our guests dreams come true for more than a quarter of a century,” said Catherine Powell, President of Euro Disney S.A.S., “Now, more than ever before, Disneyland Paris is looking to the future, and continuing to exceed our Guests’ expectations.”
Bob Chapek welcomed guests to the Anniversary with a host of characters that arrived via a cavalcade. Tinker Bell was on hand to start the celebration of right with her pixie dust that was accompanied by fireworks. A host of international media, celebrities, and special guests were on hand for the special day. This included Teri Hatcher and her father along with singing star John Legend who gave a surprise performance in the evening. This even included a special arrangement of Beauty and the Beast that was arranged specifically for Disneyland Paris 25th. This a part of the the ending of this special that included the premiere of Disney Illuminations with it’s magical fireworks, lights, and music!
This year, for its 25th anniversary, Disneyland® Paris is launching a wide digital campaign with Secours populaire français and TV station TF1. Each time the hashtag #SparkleForAll is mentioned on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, a €5 donation will be made to Secours populaire français. The donations will be given to the association on April 12 and will allow the organization’s children to spend a magic day in the Disney Parks.
About Disneyland® Paris
Europe’s number one tourist destination, Disneyland® Paris has welcomed more than 320 million visits since opening in 1992 (13.4 million visits in 2016). The resort boasts two spectacular theme parks (Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park) and seven themed Disney hotels with 5,800 rooms (more than 2,700 rooms are available in Selected and Associated Hotels). Two full-service convention centers and a world-class 27-hole golf course are also present. In addition to this, the destination is home to Disney Village – one of the largest entertainment complexes in the Ile-de-France region. Spread over more than 30,000m², Disney Village proposes themed dining, shopping and cinema experiences. Disneyland® Paris comprises 59 attractions, 63 shops, and 55 restaurants.
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Disney Store to Unveil New Product Collections and Collectibles at D23 Expo 2017 - June 23, 2017
- Ron Howard Takes Over Directing Duties for Han Solo Movie [UPDATED] - June 22, 2017
- Disneyland Summer Fun – Geeks Corner – Episode 638 - June 20, 2017