Disney’s live-action recreation of Beauty and the Beast is now out and being loved by a whole new generation of Disney fans. Two of the biggest fans I know of Beauty and the Beast are my good friends at Geeks Who Eat. Both have fond memories of the original animated classic and when a new one was on the way, they decided it was time for a new recipe inspired by this beautiful love story.
For those of you who have seen the movie, roses play a prominent role in the storyline. Our friends decided that this plot device should be included in their recipe and they brilliantly incorporated it into their creation. Couple this with the story taking place in France and an Enchanted Rose Creme Brûlée is a no brainer!
Take a look at their recipe, try it out, and then let us know how you liked it!
Geek Eats: Enchanted Rose Creme Brûlée - A Beauty and the Beast Inspired Recipe from Geeks Who Eat
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Sugar plus 4 tbsp for topping
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Rose Water (the Geeks Who Eat used Neilsen Massey)
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Whisk together all ingredients, except reserved tsp of sugar
- Place 4 ramekins into large baking pan.
- Pour mixture into the ramekins.
- Fill baking pan with boiling water up to the middle of ramekins.
- Place baking pan in oven (be careful not to slosh water into your creme brulees) and cook for 40 minutes.
- Let custards cool, and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Remove from fridge and top each custard with 1 tbsp sugar.
- Use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar. (You can also use the broiler but we find this to be inconsistent and tends to not cook as well)
Be sure to stop by 2geekswhoeat.com to see other fun recipes and other food related fun!
Mr. DAPs is the founder of DAPs Magic continues to run its day to day operations. He can be regularly found at Disneyland donning his hat and bow tie as he takes pictures and enjoys the Happiest Place on Earth. He is also a host on Geeks Corner - the Webshow and anchors news stories for DAPs Magic's YouTube channel. You can also find him posting regularly on Twitter and Instagram. He'd love to connect with you so make sure and say hi!
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)