With the Halloween season upon the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, the question comes up about costumes. What is okay and what is not? The Disney Parks Blog has released a guide and video to both tell and show what appropriate costumes are. Below are some guidelines straight from the Disney Parks website, and a fun video from Disney Parks Blog with the tips. The original Parks Blog post can be found here.
- Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g.,full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn.
Latest posts by Murray the Bellhop (see all)
- Marty Sklar, Disney Legend and Imagineer, Passed Away at Age 83 - July 27, 2017
- Mission: SPACE Starts New Missions at Epcot in August - July 27, 2017
- Downtown Disney & Fantasmic! – Disneyland Update & Sundays With DAPs - July 24, 2017