Cookies, Cakes and Kylo Ren – Geeks Corner – Episode 311
Cookies, Cakes and Kylo Ren – Geeks Corner – Episode 511
Welcome to Geeks Corner! This week it is all about Star Wars, Christmas, and baked goods! As we celebrate the world premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens we share some false spoilers about this new Star Wars movie.
The geeks are joined by Kellie Knezovich of PrettyLittleBakers.com. She brings some incredible baked treats along with a recipe so you can make your own treats.
Three Ingredient Shortbread Cookies
Three Ingredient Shortbread Cookies - Pretty Little Bakers
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temp and cut into slices
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 1/2 cups flour, divided (we’ll get to that later!)
- LET’S START BAKING!
- In a large bowl, add butter and brown sugar and mix with a wooden spoon. Combine until fluffy and light.
- Add 3 1/2 cups flour until combined.
- On a large cutting board, sprinkle about 1/2 cup flour. Begin kneading your dough by hand for 5 minutes, adding the remaining 1/2 cup flour in order to make the dough a little less sticky. The dough should be soft and similar to play-dough. *at this point, feel free to throw in some sprinkles into your dough!
- Form dough into a ball, wrap tightly in saran wrap, chill for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove ball of dough, roll it out to about 1/2 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters (or the top part of a wine glass or any mug) to cut out your dough. Place each cookie at least 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. If you’re working with smaller shapes, it’ll take less time to bake. If you’re working with larger shapes (similar to the ones above which are about 4 inches tall), it might take a couple more minutes for the cookies to reach the stage of perfection. Keep an eye on your shortbread cookies.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- BON APPÉTIT!
We hope you enjoy this week’s episode and this recipe from Kellie. For more Pretty Little Bakers, visit PrettyLittleBakers.com.
Let’s go to the corner!