Alrighty folks, personally I’m still not over the excitement of the recent Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer and apparently many fans aren’t either. Monday night proved to be a huge night filled with anticipation for the film’s under three-minute trailer as well as the pre-sale tickets for opening day.
Moviepilot shared a few of these exciting numbers and my goodness, all sorts of social media was a buzz. Here a few key numbers from the site:
- $6.5 million IMAX tickets sold in one day
- More than 30 million views in two days of the trailer
- 95% of October 19th sales on Movietickets.com were to Force Awakens
- The Hunger Games held the record for first day ticket pre-sales until October 19th
- 17k tweets per minute during the trailer’s premiere
Greg Foster, CEO of IMAX Entertainment, said to The Hollywood Reporter, “The only words to describe the first day of IMAX worldwide advance ticket sales for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are ‘record-shattering.’ We’re seeing sell-outs across the board – from Hollywood to London, to Sparks, Nevada, and everywhere in between.”
To add, ticket websites such as MovieTickets, Fandango, Alamo Drafthouse and more were all reported to have crashed multiple times due to the large amounts of traffic. Most early screenings of the films have been sold out. So much so, people have been selling their tickets on eBay. Some tickets are marked for over $2,000!
According to Mashable, around 10 million households tuned in to watch ESPN’s Monday Night Football. Amping up the ratings by 13%. There are currently 37+ million views on YouTube and 11.2 million views on Facebook of the trailer.
As of today, there are 56 days until the film is released.
Did you buy pre-sale tickets?
Also, JUST IN CASE you missed the trailer, here is it one more time. Enjoy!
Latest posts by amandaalva (see all)
- Marvel’s Daredevil: The Complete First Season Heads to Blu-ray - October 16, 2016
- Disney Parks Attraction Poster Calendars to Return - October 16, 2016
- ‘Marvel’s Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell’ on Digital HD this Oct. 21 - October 10, 2016