Aladdin is the newest Disney animated classic to get the Diamond Edition treatment. Aladdin is the story of a street rat who falls in love with a princess, is granted three wishes from a Genie, and discover the importance of being true to oneself. It also includes songs by Alan Menken, Howard Ashman, and Tim Rice that have become some Disney favorites including A Whole New World, which won the 1992 Academy Award for Best Music, Original Song. Aladdin will be released digitally on Sept. 29, and then on Blu-ray on Oct. 13.
With this release, there will be quite a few extras included with Aladdin. Here is a look at what extras the Diamond Edition will include:
Blu-ray & Digital
- The Genie Outtakes – Robin Williams’ Genie outtakes are magically
- Bonus Features: brought to life
- Genie 101 – Our host, Scott Weinger (the voice of Aladdin), takes us through the various transformations of the famous (and formerly famous) celebrity references of the Genie
- Ron & John: You Ain’t Never Had a Friend Like Me – Directors John Musker & Ron Clements sit down and discuss the experiences of their long-running partnership together at Disney
- Aladdin: Creating Broadway Magic – Join host Darren Criss as we take “a new fantastic point of view” at the story of how Aladdin went from a classic Disney animated film to become Broadway’s smash hit with composer Alan Menken and others
- Unboxing Aladdin – Our host, Joey Bragg from Disney Channel’s Liv & Maddy, explore the Easter eggs and hidden secrets of Aladdin in this unboxing video
- Classic Bonus – ALL classic bonus from the original DVD release
- DMA Exclusive: Deleted Song – “My Finest Hour” – Jafar takes the stage in this never-
- Bonus Features: before-seen deleted song. Includes intro from Ron & John. (DMA exclusive)
DVD Bonus Features: Select Classic Bonus, including:
- Deleted Song / “Proud Of Your Boy” (Original Demo Recording)
- Deleted Song / “You Can Count On Me”
- Deleted Song / “Humiliate The Boy”
- Deleted Song / “Why Me”
- Deleted Scene / “Aladdin & Jasmine’s First Meeting”
- Deleted Scene / “Aladdin in the Lap of Luxury”
Having reviewed the previous release of Aladdin, the additional extras should make an already strong release even more powerful.
Continue to stop by DAPs Magic for future updates on Aladdin’s blu-ray and digital release. In coming days there will be a review of DMA (Disney Movies Anywhere) Aladdin Diamond Edition and also a giveaway that will be announced on this week’s Geeks Corner (Tuesdays at 9:30 PST).
What are you most looking forward to with this release?
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Disneyland Prepares for Halloween Time - August 20, 2017
- Sunday Spotlight: Disney’s Main Street Electrical Parade - August 20, 2017
- Obi-Wan, Dumbo, Christopher Robin, and Theme Parks! – Great Moments with Mr. DAPs - August 19, 2017