Happy Force Friday! Today was a great day in the world of Star Wars. Worldwide, retail stores opened their doors to thousands of customers in the wake of brand new Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise.
After an impressive 18 plus hour live stream unboxing on the Official Star Wars YouTube page, audiences were highly anticipating these items to hit the shelf. Just to show how big this event was, over 3,000 stores alone in the United States opened at midnight for customers.
Items will still be available in the coming months, but some were exclusive to Force Friday.
Leslie Ferraro, Co-Chair, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media and President, Disney Consumer Products said in a statement, “We’ve been working closely with the filmmakers to bring the characters and storylines from Star Wars: The Force Awakens to life through an exciting array of products, and we’re thrilled to share them with fans around the world.”
Just to show what occurred during the unboxings, here are a few highlights:
• Sydney: Star Wars BladeBuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber toy from Hasbro
• Tokyo: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Big Figs(31” and 48”) from JAKKS Pacific
• Hong Kong: Hot Wheels® Star Wars character car assortment and Escape from Jakku™ Starship playset from Mattel
• Seoul: LEGO Star Wars Poe’s X-Wing Fighter™
• Paris: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Lightsaber, a Disney Store exclusive
• Madrid: Star Wars Micro Machines First Order Star Destroyer from Hasbro
• Berlin: LEGO Star Wars Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle™
• London: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Elite Series die-cast figure assortment, a Disney Store exclusive
• Rio de Janeiro: Star Wars Black Series 6” figure assortment from Hasbro
• ‘Good Morning America’ (New York): LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon™ and Star Wars BB-8 from Sphero
• Toronto: Star Wars Remote Controlled Millennium Falcon Quad and X-Wing Starfighter from Air Hogs, Spin Master
• Chicago: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Role Play for kids exclusive to Disney Store
• Mexico City: Star Wars First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe NERF Blaster from Hasbro
• San Francisco: Star Wars Battle Action Millennium Falcon from Hasbro
• Los Angeles: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poe Dameron’s X-Wing Vehicle from Hasbro
Did you partake in the festivities of Force Friday? If so, what item(s) did you buy?
Latest posts by amandaalva (see all)
- Marvel’s Daredevil: The Complete First Season Heads to Blu-ray - October 16, 2016
- Disney Parks Attraction Poster Calendars to Return - October 16, 2016
- ‘Marvel’s Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell’ on Digital HD this Oct. 21 - October 10, 2016