Over the weekend, Disney and Pixar’s Inside Out hit theaters, just one week after Universal’s Jurassic World, which broke numerous records. Despite the overwhelming Universal success, audience goers still went to the theaters to venture into the mind of Riley.
According to TIME, the film grossed a total of $91.1 million during the weekend. With those numbers in, it was right behind the number one Pixar spot, held by Toy Story 3 which reeled in $110.3 million.
Ironically, Inside Out was predicted to bring in around $60 million during the opening weekend, according to Entertainment Weekly, similar to that of WALL-E.
That prediction went down the drain as on Friday alone, the film already hit the $34.2 million mark.
The weekend box office ratings are as followed:
- Jurassic World — $102 million
- Inside Out — $91.1 million
- Spy — $10.5 million
- San Andreas — $8.2 million
- Dope — $6 million
What were your thoughts on Inside Out?
Latest posts by amandaalva (see all)
- Marvel’s Daredevil: The Complete First Season Heads to Blu-ray - October 16, 2016
- Disney Parks Attraction Poster Calendars to Return - October 16, 2016
- ‘Marvel’s Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell’ on Digital HD this Oct. 21 - October 10, 2016