Today marks the first day of performances for the 2015 Disneyland Resort All-American College Band. Under the direction of Dr. Ron McCurdy, the band will be appearing in both Disney California Adventure and Disneyland throughout the afternoon and into the evening. The band is comprised of 21 young musicians from colleges and universities from around the United States. Dating back to 1971, the Disneyland Resort All-American College Band has had thousands of students participate and then go on to other jobs in the music industry. If you have a sharp eye, you might even recognize a few of the musicians from around the Disneyland Resort as alumni of the band.
This year, the performances begin and end a bit later than other years in the past. Here is a look at their set times:
- 3:00 pm – Hollywood Backlots Stage in Hollywood Land, Disney California Adventure
- 5:15 pm – Flag Retreat in Town Square, Disneyland
- 6:15 pm – Sleeping Beauty Castle, Disneyland
- 7:15 pm – Town Square, Disneyland
- 8:15 pm – Parade Route, Disneyland
The band typically performs for 8 weeks throughout the summer. This summer is particularly special as the Disneyland All-American College Band is celebrating its 45th anniversary.
Here are videos from the 2015 Disneyland Resort All-American College Band. Stay tuned to DAPs Magic throughout the summer as we regularly post videos of the 2015 Disneyland Resort All-American College Band.
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Disney Store to Unveil New Product Collections and Collectibles at D23 Expo 2017 - June 23, 2017
- Ron Howard Takes Over Directing Duties for Han Solo Movie [UPDATED] - June 22, 2017
- Disneyland Summer Fun – Geeks Corner – Episode 638 - June 20, 2017