During this year’s D23 Expo, music from the animated shorts, Silly Symphony, will be celebrated. A live concert performance, with a 32-piece orchestra, is to share the well know musical notes alongside newly restored digital film.
In addition to the performance, film historian Leonard Maltin will make an appearance.
Music from Three Little Pigs, The Old Mill and other classics will be honored during this 70 minute event. On top of that, there will be two showings of this presentation at the Expo. The event is to take place on August 16; 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. at Stage 23.
Will you be attending?
D23 EXPO 2015 will feature the world premiere of Disney in Concert: A Silly Symphony Celebration—a live concert performance featuring a 32-piece orchestra celebrating the Silly Symphony animated short films and their accompanying music, hosted by film historian Leonard Maltin. Fans will delight in watching selected Silly Symphony shorts from Disney’s archives while the music is performed live in synchronization with the picture, presented using high-quality, newly restored digital film masters. The music will be performed as it would have been recorded during those historic days at the Disney Studios on Hyperion Avenue in the 1920s and ’30s. This very special concert event will showcase the music of the Three Little Pigs, The Old Mill and many other classics. To ensure as many guests are able to see the concert as possible, two 70-minute presentations will take place on Sunday, August 16, one at 11 a.m. and the second at 2 p.m. in Stage 23.
For the first time ever, Disney Music Emporium, the online destination for collectible Disney music products, is creating a pop-up store on the show floor of D23 EXPO 2015. Over the three-day Ultimate Disney Fan Event, the Emporium will feature album signings by composers and Grammy®-winning Disney music producers. Limited quantities of a wide assortment of music products, including Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels vinyl, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Master Score music sheet book, picture disc vinyl, plus lithographs and posters will also be available. Additionally, visitors to the Disney Music Emporium will be able to pre-order the long-awaited The Silly Symphony Collection box set, featuring the complete restored soundtracks from all 75 Silly Symphony shorts from 1929–1939, with over eight hours of music on 16 vinyl LPs.
- For more information on The Silly Symphony Collection and Disney in Concert: A Silly Symphony Celebration, please visit: http://waltdisneyrecords.com/d23expo/sillysymphonies.html
- The Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection CDs, including The Lion King, Mary Poppins, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Fantasia, Pinocchio, and Disneyland, will be available in the Emporium. A limited quantity of lithographs for each title featuring the back cover artwork designed by Lorelay Bove (Visual Development Artist, Walt Disney Animation Studios) will be a gift with purchase. For more information on the Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection, please visit: http://waltdisneyrecords.com/d23expo/legacycollection.html
With the purchase of select music products at the Disney Music Emporium, guests will be issued a wristband to secure a space for an album signing. For a list of album signings and artist appearances at the Pavilion, please visit: http://waltdisneyrecords.com/d23expo/signings.html
Latest posts by amandaalva (see all)
- Marvel’s Daredevil: The Complete First Season Heads to Blu-ray - October 16, 2016
- Disney Parks Attraction Poster Calendars to Return - October 16, 2016
- ‘Marvel’s Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell’ on Digital HD this Oct. 21 - October 10, 2016