The Force has awakened…. and now can be seen in the first teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens. This trailer should be a welcome Christmas gift for Star Wars fans around the globe. Watch it here:
Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens Official Teaser Trailer #1
So what did you think?
This is the trailer I’ve been really looking forward to and also dreading at the same time. To me, it’d be the first chance to see what a J.J. Abrams Star Wars would look like. So questions have been running through my mind. The main being: Will it feel right? Will it look right? Will it be Star Wars or something that is mimicking it?
Watching this teaser trailer I found all of my fears to be set aside as my inner geek continued to rise. This is a really well done trailer. I personally found it to not really answer any questions but totally get me to geek out. The voice (any guesses on who it is at this point?) is fantastic. My first instinct is that we are hearing our new Sith Lord but that could be wrong as we just don’t know. This voice really does set a tone for what we will be seeing come next Christmas when Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens hits theaters.
The look for this trailer was spot on. If I didn’t know J.J. Abrams was directing this, I’m not sure I would have gone straight to him. There were definitely some clips that had an Abrams feel but overall, this felt like it could have been right out of the original trilogy. If that proves to be true in the movie, a major hat tip will go to Disney, J.J. Abrams, and all who are involved because I will be an incredibly happy camper. I found myself really happy to see not only a familiar look and style of filming but also characters, vehicles, droids, and ships that all fit into my paradigm of what Star Wars should be (my paradigm comes from the original trilogy). Then there is the Millennium Falcon… I have never seen a “hunk of junk” look so beautiful before. Oh, and did I mention the Storm Troopers also? It appears that we will be returning to a universe that is somewhat familiar but thirty years later. Also, hat tip to J.J. for not going overboard on the lens flare. I caught a couple that seemed fairly natural and not over the top in the battle sequence with the Tie Fighters and Millennium Falcon. I can handle that. Well done sir.
[Tweet “What did you think of the Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens Trailer? – See it here!”]
I can’t neglect the music for this. I cannot wait to hear this score in its entirety. Not only was the music beautiful but the quality at which it was recorded… amazing. John Williams is brilliant and this will definitely be one to add to my collection…even though there wasn’t a ton of original music included… yet.
Overall, I’m incredibly happy with this trailer. I have watched it multiple times already and could rewrite this multiple times already but for the sake of actually letting you read it… I won’t do that and just keep watching the trailer. What did you think of it? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Before that though, here is a brief recap of what we now know and don’t know.
There are more questions that I now have to ask than were answered upon seeing this trailer. Here is the immediate list that popped into mind:
- Who is the voice?
- What’s going on with John Boyega’s character in the Storm Trooper suit in the desert?
- Is the desert Tatooine?
- What mission is the Daisy Ridley character on with her little speeder thing?
- What is Oscar Isaac’s mission in the X-Wing?
- Who’s the guy with the lightsaber (clearly villain) and how the heck is it going to work?
- Is it Han Solo flying the Millennium Falcon or someone else?
Are there any questions I missed? Please add them in the comments below.
- John Boyega wears a Storm Trooper suit (does not mean he is for sure a Storm Trooper though, have you seen Star Wars Rebels?).
- The Empire must still be around because there are still Storm Troopers, although we didn’t see an Imperial logo that I saw.
- Oscar Isaac is an X-Wing pilot.
- There is a new lightsaber and a villain who so far looks pretty intense.
- Tie Fighters are making a return.
- Millennium Falcon makes its official return (yes, we knew this but I like it so am hitting it again).
Was there anything else that was unveiled that I missed? Please add your observations in the comments below!
Here are photos of the scenes from the trailer:
Final thoughts, as I’ve replayed this trailer I’m noticing that it was quite smart in how it was created. It mostly focuses on what is new for the Star Wars franchise but has enough familiar things thrown in to keep us older fans happy. This is a trailer that will be analyzed and over-analyzed and I look forward to hearing your analysis in the comments below. We have a year to geek out about this movie coming and then we’ll geek out even more when it arrives. What do you think? What are your theories?
Make it a GREAT day!
- Mr. DAPs
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Disney Store to Unveil New Product Collections and Collectibles at D23 Expo 2017 - June 23, 2017
- Ron Howard Takes Over Directing Duties for Han Solo Movie [UPDATED] - June 22, 2017
- Disneyland Summer Fun – Geeks Corner – Episode 638 - June 20, 2017