Star Wars: The Clone Wars
I was a late comer to the game but I’m glad I was better late than never. I will admit, I’m really enjoying watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars. This cartoon that originally aired on the Cartoon Network and the final season only on Netflix. Now, the entire show can be watched on Netflix. Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes place between Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and centers around many of the primary characters of those movies (with a couple added… mainly Anakin Skywalker’s padawan Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex, Fives, and Commander Cody).
5 Reasons to Watch Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a must watch for the Star Wars fans both new and old alike. For some of us who have been fans for decades, it might be a bit of a stretch to watch a “cartoon” but here are five reasons everyone should watch anyway.
- It’s Canon – Star Wars: The Clone Wars is considered canon. With the recent transfer of a lot of the Star Wars stories, books, and comics into the realm of legend as opposed to ambiguity, this television show now offers official insight into the world of Star Wars, Jedi, Sith, the Republic, and the Rebel Alliance. This will all be including in future editions of Trivial Pursuit: Star Wars Edition (does that exist?) so get studying!
- It’s Quality – Great pains have been taken to create a show that is quality. The animation did take awhile for me to get used to but as I continued to watch it, I appreciated the lengths that were taken to recreate worlds we know from the Star Wars movies and create worlds not yet seen. Some scenes just look awesome and others look absolutely beautiful. It creates a universe that is immersive and has the right feel for Star Wars as it incorporates elements of the original trilogy and also the prequel movies. All of this adds up to a show that is enjoyable and really, what’s the point in quality if it isn’t fun to watch as well?
- Character Development – Because this lasts longer than just a couple of hours, Star Wars: The Clone Wars is able to go into backstories in a much more in-depth ways than the movies sometimes could. This allows a deeper look into the characters of Yoda, Anakin, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, and even the clones. This is especially helpful in seeing how things develop with the characters that are also in the movies.. and why.
- It’s on Netflix – You can now sit down and watch as many (or all) of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes as you want. For those of you who like to binge watch a television show, now you can!
- Star Wars: The Prequels – This television show actually enhances the prequel movies… A LOT. While I didn’t completely dislike the prequels, I wasn’t the world’s biggest fan either. I thought Anakin’s journey to the dark side was a bit abrupt and without enough cause. Star Wars: The Clone Wars fills in the gaps (and there were a few) that were left open in Star Wars I, II, and III. This is perhaps the best reason to watch this show.
Looking to the Future and Holding on to the Past
This is an exciting time to be a Star Wars fans. There are new movies, new TV shows, new books, and new video games in the works. As we look forward to all that is new, it is time to embrace some of the great releases of the past. One of these great releases is most certainly Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
What reasons would you add to my list as to why to watch this show?
Make it a GREAT day!
- Mr. DAPs
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Obi-Wan, Dumbo, Christopher Robin, and Theme Parks! – Great Moments with Mr. DAPs - August 19, 2017
- Alan Arkin Joins Cast of Tim Burton’s Live-Action Dumbo - August 18, 2017
- Obi-Wan Kenobi Star Wars Stand-Alone Film in Early Development - August 17, 2017