When visiting the Disneyland Resort, it is definitely important to meet the big cheese. After all, what a trip to Disneyland be without a photo with Mickey Mouse? Or perhaps you don’t want to be next to Mickey but at least get to see him. Here are a few options for you as you proceed on your quest to find the world’s most famous mouse.
You have several options to meet and see Mickey Mouse when visiting Disneyland. He is a busy guy and somehow makes himself available to meet his fans throughout the day at a couple of different spots. Here is where to look if you’d like to get a photo with him:
- Town Square – Mickey will often be found with Minnie and several others of his magical gang in Town Square. From opening to closing, if there isn’t a show happening there is a pretty good chance you’ll be able to find Mickey Mouse in Town Square or occasionally just inside of Main Gate as you are entering the park. Look for a line with a person wearing a red vest with black pants next to it and you have probably found a character… then it’s just a matter of making sure it is the right character! Or… you could meet Minnie, Goofy, Cruella, or some other friend first.
- Mickey’s Toontown – You can also meet Mickey at Mickey’s House and Meet Mickey in Mickey’s Toontown. Walk through Mickey’s house and out into the Movie Barn where you watch classic shorts while waiting to meet the leader of the gang. This is open during Toontown hours and generally Toontown closes early before fireworks.
Those are the two easiest places to meet Mickey Mouse. If you instead like to see him in action at Disneyland you can catch him in one of the shows he performs in. Here is where you can find him performing:
- Disneyland Band – Mickey Mouse can be found performing with the Disneyland Band (on days when the band is performing) in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. This includes a collection of some favorite Disney songs, visits by other characters, and when finished Mickey Mouse leads the Disneyland Band down Main Street, USA with brief stops in front of the Market House and the Train Station for short performances.
- Straw Hatters – Throughout the day, members of the Disneyland Band break off into separate little ensembles. One of these ensembles is a jazz band called the Straw Hatters. Mickey and his friends join to play drums, dance together, and then Mickey leads the gang as they play the Mickey Mouse Club March.
- Mickey and the Magical Map – Journey with Mickey on his quest to become a map maker in this musical extravaganza that takes place in the Fantasyland Theatre. With several Disney classic songs recreated with singers, dancers, and characters, this show will delight young and old…and also give another chance to see Mickey Mouse in action as the Sorcerer’s Apprentice.
- Mickey’s Soundsational Parade – For those that love a parade and also love Mickey Mouse, Mickey’s Soundsational Parade does not disappoint. In fact, Mickey Mouse leads the parade as he plays drums with his drum line. He rides aboard a float that has his likeness with Minnie Mouse.
- Fantasmic! – This nighttime spectacular explores Mickey’s imagination and of course this can’t be done without the sorcerer’s apprentice showing up to dazzle guests with his imagination along the Rivers of America. Mickey Mouse uses his vivid imagination to create magical imagery for all to enjoy. Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination. For, in amoment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy. Or, an exciting adventure! But beware — nothing ismore powerful than the imagination. For it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelmingnightmare. Are the powers of Mickey’s incredible imagination strong enough, and bright enough, to withstand the evil forces that invade Mickey’s dreams?
Mickey Mouse can also be found in Disney California Adventure. While he does appear to consider Disneyland home, he has picked up his suit case and his dream to travel to Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure. Here is where you can meet Mickey and also see him perform daily. Here are your opportunities to see and meet Mickey in Disney California Adventure:
- Buena Vista Street Meet n’ Greet – Throughout the day and evening, Mickey greets guests in Carthay Circle on Buena Vista Street. He is generally fairly easy to spot so keep your eyes open as you walk into Carthay Circle.
- Red Car Trolley Newsboys – With a suitcase and a dream, Mickey Mouse pursues his dreams of success in California… more specifically, on Buena Vista Street as he makes his way to Hollywood Land with the newsboys. This show is very reminiscent of Newsies, the Broadway or movie musical (your choice).
[Tweet “What is your favorite Mickey Mouse Memory? “]
Disneyland Resort Hotels
If you want to try and find Mickey Mouse at the hotels, this is a bit more challenging and your options are limited. In fact, there is only one option: Character Breakfast at PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. Reservations can be made through Disney Dining here or by calling: (714) 781-DINE (3463) between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily (Pacific Time).
Perhaps you are unable to visit the Disneyland Resort as soon as you’d like. DAPs Magic has several Mickey Mouse videos here for your enjoyment. Here are a few for your viewing pleasure:
When attempting to visit Mickey Mouse or catch him in a show, there are a few things to remember.
- Things Happen – First off, Mickey Mouse has a mind of his own so all of these opportunities that have been listed aren’t a sure thing. Things happen and change that could lead to switched times, locations, shows, or even cancellations. Be guaranteed though that he is doing his best to be there for you and he sure does love meeting and seeing every guest.
- Be Patient – Mickey is popular. There are a lot of people who want to meet him every day. Be ready to wait a few minutes (or longer) to meet him. Have your camera ready so you don’t miss any magical moments. Also have your smiles ready! Photos are much better with smiles in them and we all know that he will have his smile ready for the camera.
- Use Manners – The Golden Rule is a good rule to live by and Mickey and his gang all appreciate if you use it when meeting any characters. Be respectful. Be gentle. Be kind. Have fun!
- Be Understanding – Not everything will go according to plan. Sometimes this leads to disappointment. This isn’t intentional and the good folks at the Disneyland Resort do their very best to give every guest the opportunity to see or meet Mickey Mouse. Sometimes… this just doesn’t happen and that can be hard for everyone involved. Recognize that sometimes things just don’t happen perfectly (really, is it ever fair to expect perfection?) and that there is the choice to be a part of the problem or part of the solution. Always choose to be part of the solution and it will always improve the Disneyland experience.
Since 1928 Mickey Mouse has been delighting fans around the world. As with all things Disney, check the times guides and ask Cast Members for confirmation of all the information listed above so that you too can be delighted by Mickey Mouse on your next trip to the Disneyland Resort.
What is your favorite Mickey Mouse Memory?
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Talking Mickey Tells Jokes in Disney California Adventure! - August 23, 2017
- Marvel Studios’ THOR: RAGNAROK Superpower of Stem Challenge - August 23, 2017
- Goodbye EP, Hello Pixar? – GEEKS CORNER – Episode 647 - August 22, 2017