What happens when you put teams from WestJet, WestJet Vacations and Disney Parks & Resorts (Canada) together to design an airplane? The Magic Plane comes to the skies and transports guests around the world aboard WestJet’s newest jet, with a little dose of Disney magic.WestJet – Magic Plane – Sorcerer Mickey
The plane is a flying dose of Disney magic. With artwork that includes Sorcerer Mickey, Cinderella Castle, and fireworks. Inside the plane, guests will be given cookies in the shape of Disney characters. Each seat also has its own little bit of Disney magic as well.WestJet – Magic Plane – Antimacassars
Here are a few fun facts from the WestJet blog about the Magic Plane:
- The two sides of the aircraft are mirror images of each other in all aspects but one. We’ll leave it to our guests to determine what that is!
- There are a total of 36 different paint colours on the aircraft.
- It took a team of 26 people 24 days working around the clock to paint the Magic Plane.
- The painting crew consumed more than 150 doughnuts over the 24 days.
- The painting crew consisted of people from four countries, five states, two provinces and 12 cities.
- The cookies that will be served on board are a special treat in the shape of Disney characters.
- Over the next five years, the Magic Plane will fly more than 400,000 guests a total of nearly eight million kilometres.
Fans seeing the Magic Plane are encouraged to take pictures and post them on facebook and twitter with the hashtag #MagicPlane.
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Premiere to Take Place at Shanghai Disney Resort - April 25, 2017
- Let’s Get Dapper at Disneyland - April 25, 2017
- Disney Announces Release Dates for Star Wars: Episode IX and Indiana Jones Movies! - April 25, 2017