Hollywood Extravaganza XII to feature items from Star Wars,
Transformers, E.T., Planet of the Apes, Citizen Kane,
The Godfather, and much more Nov. 23 & 24
LONG BEACH, CA (November 14, 2013) – Long Beach Comic & Horror Con today announced it will host Premiere Props and their Hollywood Extravaganza XII. Premier Props will auction over 1,000 movie props and costumes at their Hollywood Auction Extravaganza XII on Saturday, November 23 and Sunday, November 24 at the 5th Annual Long Beach Comic and Horror Con.
“We are so excited this year to be doing a Live Auction that will go worldwide. We think the fans will be excited to see the amount of items from various films and TV shows that will be up for auction! As well as the cool Vintage Hollywood Posters that will go up for auction on Sunday,” says Phil Lawrence, Co-Founder and Sales Director of Long Beach Comic & Horror Con.
The event will feature items from THE GODFATHER, TRANSFORMERS, E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL, CITIZEN KANE, THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, FANTASIA, PLANET OF THE APES, STAR WARS and more! There will be a preview from 9-11am PT with the live auction beginning at 11am PT. There will be a media preview on site at the Long Beach Comic & Horror Con on Friday, November 22.
- THE GODFATHER – Horse Head – You can’t refuse this one! This is the rehearsal prop that Don Corleone (Marlon Brando) uses to force studio head Jack Woltz (John Marley) to put his friend, singer Johnny Fontane (Al Martino) in his next major movie. **please note that for the actual scene in the film, they used a real horse’s head.
- TRANSFORMERS – Bumblebee Head – one of the (massive) full size Bumblebee Heads used in the film
- E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL – Miniature Bike Wheels – from the most iconic image in sci-fi history, the flying of the boys on his BMX Dirt Bike across the moon over the forest at the end of the film.
- CITIZEN KANE – Shipping Crate – widely considered one of the greatest films of all-time, a rare crate prop that was used in the Kane’s warehouse scene with “CHARLES FOSTER KANE – XANADU FLORIDA” stenciled on it.
- THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- Jack’s Sled – this is the sled that was used when Santa Jack is shot down out of the sky by artillery shells. It includes the “horror gifts” storage trashcan caboose that was lashed to the back of the sled.
- Mayor’s Megaphone – used throughout the film by “The Mayor” of Halloween town.
- PLANET OF THE APES – Female Monkey Tunic – from the original classic (1968) a tunic worn by one of the rare female monkeys.
- STAR WARS – Lightsabre Effect Filters – from the personal collection of special effects wizard Kim Knowlton, these are the actual green Kodak Wratten filters Knowlton used to create the three-layered famous effects to create the lightsabre.
- BATTLESTAR GALACTICA – Viper Helmet – from the original 1978 hit television series, a hero screen used helmet with the infamous light border around the faceplate, which still lights up.
- KIM NOVAK – 1989 Academy Awards Gown – Novak and Jimmy Stewart were reunited as presenters (they co-starred in VERTIGO and BELL BOOK AND CANDLE in 1958) and Novak stunned in a gold and black gown.
“With the holidays almost upon us, this auction offers movie and television fans a chance to treat themselves to an early holiday present,” said Dan Levin, Vice President of Premiere Props. “Memorabilia makes a terrific gift, as it is something that will be treasured for years to come.”
Fans can start bidding now by placing bids online at http://www.icollector.com/ and http://www.liveauctioneers.com or calling to set up phone bidding with a Premiere Props representative. Collectors can place proxy bids until the Hollywood Extravaganza Auction goes LIVE at 11am PT on Saturday, November 23. For more information, please visit http://www.premiereprops.com or http://www.hollywoodliveauctions.com or call (310) 322-PROP / (888) 761-PROP.
Celebrating the 5th anniversary with a weekend full of special guests and exhibitors, and engaging panels, Long Beach Comic & Horror Con will be open on Saturday, November 23 from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, and from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sunday, November 24 at the Long Beach Convention Center. Advanced ticket holders gain early admission, starting at 9:30 am each day.
About Long Beach Comic & Horror Con
Long Beach Comic & Horror Con is a true comic con focused on creating a fantastic experience for both fans and exhibitors alike in the Long Beach, Anaheim & Los Angeles areas. With something for everyone, the 5th anniversary Long Beach Comic & Horror Con will be held November 23 & 24, 2013 at the Long Beach Convention Center. To learn more and purchase tickets, please visit http://www.longbeachcomiccon.com/.
About Premiere Props
Premiere Props is the leading marketing memorabilia company to market, authenticate, package, and distribute exclusive movie memorabilia. Since 2001, Premiere Props has represented over 600 movies to date and continues to grow strong. Premiere Props works with some of the largest motion picture studios and independent distributors in the world, such as Paramount Pictures, Twentieth Century Fox, Miramax, MGM, The Weinstein Company, Sony Screen Gems, Lionsgate, TriStar, Spyglass, Alcon and many more.
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Team DAPs Magic Announces ROCK4CHOC! - July 21, 2017
- Muppet Studios, Hensons, and Whitmire All Share Perspectives on Steve Whitmire’s Dismissal - July 21, 2017
- Traci Hines & Brian Hull Perform Disney’s BELLE! - July 21, 2017