LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – In the spirit of Disney’s Planes, which soars into theaters on August 9, guests at the Walt Disney World Resort can embark on high-flying adventures at beloved attractions. Voyage to deep space, sail high above Never Land or take a ride on a Starspeeder, all without having to print a boarding pass.
Become a frequent flyer by visiting these airborne Walt Disney World attractions:
- Astro Orbiter: Maneuver a rocket-like spacecraft into the farthest reaches of space and back. As the newest star pilot to join the fleet, the time has come for you to take to the sky. Make your way to a gleaming 2-passenger spaceship of your choice and prepare for launch. Then, hold on tight as your spacecraft levitates and begins a series of rapid revolutions around a galaxy of planets, as the sights and sounds of Tomorrowland whizz by in the distance below.
- The Barnstormer Featuring The Great Goofini: Back when the circus arrived in town and pitched a tent in what is now known as New Fantasyland, Goofy spotted an abandoned barn and decided it would be the perfect staging area for an amazing new daredevil flying act with great appeal for families. Today, you’re invited to board one of Goofy’s homemade stunt planes and take part in his astounding aerial stunt show: The Barnstormer featuring Goofy as The Great Goofini.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: Evil Emperor Zurg is stealing batteries from helpless toys to power a new weapon of destruction. As a Junior Space Ranger, it’s up to you to maneuver an XP-37 star cruiser through the neon-lit Gamma Quadrant and fire lasers from an onboard cannon to stop him and score points.
- Dumbo, the Flying Elephant: Hop atop Dumbo and take off into the air on a joyful journey amid the jubilant sounds of carnival music. Dumbo the Flying Elephant invites you to accompany everybody’s favorite circus elephant as he discovers his unique ability to fly. The classic Dumbo ride has been dramatically transformed, and now it’s twice the fun. The new attraction features two sets of rotating elephants, moving in opposite directions as they fly through the air.
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin: Take off on a magical ride above a bustling bazaar aboard an enchanted carpet that you control. Climb aboard a colorful, four-passenger vehicle and take off into the air as the strings of Middle Eastern music play overhead. Rotate around a giant genie bottle and magic lamp—bobbing up and down, forward and back—as the lush flora and weathered walls of the bazaar whirl by below.
- Peter Pan’s Flight: Sail high into the moonlit sky with Peter Pan. Board a colorful galleon and, with the help of some pixie dust, embark on a high-flying adventure. Sail through the nighttime sky over London, where famous sites like Big Ben and Tower Bridge mingle with a confection of glittering lights. Then, descend into Never Land, home to volcanic peaks and sparkling waterfalls.
- Space Mountain: Whiz past shooting stars and celestial satellites during your thrilling space ride. Behold streaking orbs of light, wayward comets and migrant meteors. Dip and careen into the inky blackness as futuristic Starry-O-Phonic Sounds echo all around you. Feel the push and pull of gravity as you soar into a swirling wormhole for re-entry—an unforgettable first flight in space successfully completed!
- Misson: SPACE: Board your spacecraft, lower your harness and brace yourself for the incredible force of lift-off. Get goose bumps as you arc around the moon and enter hypersleep en route to Mars. Then hold on tight as you attempt a precarious precision landing on the planet’s red alien surface. Your crew is counting on you to do your part to ensure a successful mission and a safe trip back to Earth!
- Spaceship Earth: Take a ride through time for a look at the landmark moments that made today’s communications technology possible. Upon your return to Earth and the present day, you’ll have the chance to design the kind of future you want to live in using the touch screen in front of you. Answer several brief questions then get ready to see what your tomorrow looks like!
- Soarin’: Experience the Golden State like never before while “hang-gliding” over landscapes as varied as they are beautiful. Feel like you’re flying—and even smell what you’re seeing as you skim rolling waves, powdery ski slopes, majestic redwood forests, fragrant orange groves and familiar landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue: Blast off on a thrilling tour of the Star Wars universe aboard a Starspeeder 1000. Voyage to amazing alien worlds — like Tatooine, Naboo or Hoth — and come face to face with the likes of Yoda, Princess Leia or even Darth Vader.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- TriceraTop Spin: Soar in the sky as festive music plays over head. During your flight, glimpse baby dinosaurs balance balls and watch for whizzing meteors. And don’t be surprised if something prehistoric appears from the giant crown in the center!
- Characters in Flight: Float high in the sky in a hand-painted helium balloon, covered with classic flying Disney characters. Experience a breathtaking 360-degree view of the Downtown Disney area at Walt Disney World Resort. Soar high above the white peaked tents of the Cirque du Soleil Theater and get an all-new view of the theme parks and Resort hotels off in the distance.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Sammy Duvall’s Parasailing: Take to the friendly Florida skies with a relaxing parasail ride at Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre. Feel the wind in your hair as you fly solo above Bay Lake, or share the sights with a friend on a tandem flight. State-of-the-art parasailing technology lets you take off and land gently right from the boat, so you can safely soar to great heights without ever having to get wet.
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015