Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room’s 50th Anniversary
On June 23, 2013 Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room celebrated its 50th anniversary. This attraction was the first to utilize Audio-Animatronic technology. It was originally sponsored by United Airlines and then later the Dole Food Company. This is the same company that provides the popular Dole Whip and pineapple juice.
Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room is hosted by four macaws: Jose (Wally Boag), Michael (Fulton Burley), Pierre (Ernie Newton), and Fritz (Thurl Ravenscroft). They are joined by around 150 other talking plants, birds, and tiki figures and totem poles.
Originally the show was just over 17 minutes in length. Changes to the show through the years now have Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room clocking in at just over 12 minutes.
It originally included the following songs:
- “The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room” (written by Robert B. Sherman & Richard M. Sherman)
- “Barcarolle” (composed by Jacques Offenbach, no longer in show)
- “Let’s All Sing Like the Birdies Sing” (written by Robert Hargreaves, Stanley J. Damerell & Tolchard Evans)
- “Hawaiian War Chant” (written by Leleiohoku II, Ralph Freed, & Johnny Noble)
- Finale – “Farewell and Aloha”
- “Heigh-Ho” (with special lyrics written for Tiki Room – originally written by Frank Churchill)
This 50th anniversary showing of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room is hosted by Maynard.
Subscribe to DAPs Magic YouTube here: http://goo.gl/cWy9k
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Disneyland Prepares for Halloween Time - August 20, 2017
- Sunday Spotlight: Disney’s Main Street Electrical Parade - August 20, 2017
- Obi-Wan, Dumbo, Christopher Robin, and Theme Parks! – Great Moments with Mr. DAPs - August 19, 2017