GLENDALE, Calif. (April 23, 2013) — Marvel Entertainment in conjunction with Disney Consumer Products (DCP) has unveiled the newest film-inspired product collection based on the highly anticipated Marvel’s Iron Man 3 releasing in theaters May 3, 2013. This armor and suit-inspired assortment features apparel, collectibles, lifestyle products, action figures, toys and role play products that capture the unique customization and dynamic personality of one of Marvel’s favorite Super Heroes, Iron Man.
“This innovative product assortment reflects the technological savvy and classic design of Iron Man coupled with the ingenuity and individuality of Tony Stark,” said Paul Gitter, senior vice president of licensing for Marvel at Disney Consumer Products. “From radio controlled flying figures and customizable action figures, to deluxe costumes and role play items, we have developed an extensive collection of products that will allow fans of all ages to create their very own Super Hero adventure.”
Additionally, Marvel Press, an imprint of Disney Publishing Worldwide, has released several titles in print and eBook form in support of the feature film, including Iron Man 3 Movie Storybook andSuits of Armor storybook by Tomas Palacios. Readers can also experience the action-packed adventure of Iron Man through mini-games, authentic animated artwork and interactive activities in the free Iron Man: Armored Avenger App, available on iTunes.
Opening in theaters May 3, Marvel’s Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at this enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Ben Kingsley, Iron Man 3 is directed by Shane Black.
MARVEL’S IRON MAN 3 PRODUCT ASSORTMENT*
*For a further list of products, please see our fact sheet at http://bit.ly/IM3ProductFactSheet
Innovative Technology Products:
- Iron Man 3 RealD 3D Eyewear (MSRP: $10.00): RealD’s patented technology enables an incomparable, premium 3D viewing experience. CDM has developed a limited edition line of collectible RealD 3D eyewear for Marvel’s Iron Man 3.
- Iron Man 3 Levitator Lamp (MSRP: $150.00): Recreating the high-flying power of Iron Man’s suit right in front of your eyes, the Iron Man 3 armor levitates in mid-air and rotates 360 degrees on a lamp base that also emits a ceiling projection.
- Iron Man 3 3D LightFX Wall Light (MSRP: $29.99): The Iron Man 3 3D LightFX Wall Light mounts to the wall and is cordless and battery operated; the innovative fixture is true to size and uses LED lights to bring the adventure of Iron Man to life.
- Iron Man 3 iHome Electronics (MSRP: $14.99 – $29.99): This exclusive collection includes noise isolating earphones, headphones, rechargeable character speakers and a dual alarm clock speaker system, all with cool character styling.
Toys and Role Play:
- Iron Man 3 Assemblers Action Figure Assortment by Hasbro (MSRP: $9.99 each): Each figure in the buildable Assemblers Action Figure line features an Interchangeable Armor System, allowing one figure to create more than 25 armor combinations and allowing armor to be switched out to create hundreds of combinations.
- Iron Man 3 ARC FX Role Play products by Hasbro (MSRP: $24.99): The ARC FX MISSION MASK features dual missile launchers with ARC FX glowing visor lights and targeting beam light effect; the MOTORIZED ARC FX GAUNTLET features rapid-fire blasting action with NERF foam discs.
- RC Flying Iron Man by EB Brands (MSRP: $80.00): A full 19″ long, the RC Iron Man banks, soars, dives and climbs, just like the extreme Super Hero, Iron Man; a unique, patented steering mechanism gives kids greater control and a super tight turning radius.
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man 3 Construction Sets (MSRP: $12.99 – $39.99): Kids can team up with Iron Man in his upgraded Mark 42 armor to battle villains with the new LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man 3 construction sets, each featuring a key scene and iconic characters from the highly anticipated new film.
- Under Armour Alter Ego Performance Shirts (MSRP: $49.99 – Boys, $59.99 – Adult): Featuring the iconic Iron Man character design, Under Armour Alter Ego is the baselayer built for heroic performance.
- Iron Man 3 Adult Hooded Fleece by Mad Engine (MSRP: $59.50 – $63.50): Bring the powerful, strong, all-new suits of armor and their sleek designs featured in Marvel’s Iron Man 3 to your wardrobe with these adult hooded fleece.
- Iron Man Threadless Tees (MSRP: $18.50 – $23.50): Threadless challenged artists from all over the world to design t-shirts inspired by Marvel’s metal-clad Super Hero, resulting in 22 unique Iron Man tees in the collection.
- Iron Man 3 POP! Bobble Head by Funko (MSRP: $9.99): Iron Man is given a fun, and funky, stylized look as a collectible POP! style Iron Man 3 bobble head vinyl figure.
- Iron Man 3 Micro Muggs by Hasbro (MSRP: $1.99 each): The most epic Iron Man movie yet gets Hasbro’s smallest, coolest Iron Man collectibles. There are 24 unique armors across, each 1.75 inches, and two waves to collect.
- Iron Man 3 Deluxe Costume for Boys (MSRP: $59.95): Your junior Super Hero can suit-up for action in this deluxe padded armor inspired by Tony Stark’s latest design for Marvel’sIron Man 3.
- Iron Man 3 Swim Collection for Boys (MSRP: $7.50 – $19.50): He’ll enjoy heroic days at the beach or pool in this Iron Man Swim Collection; prepare him for his aquatic adventures with Iron Man Swim Trunks, Rash Guard, Flip Flops and Beach Towel.
To download images of Marvel’s Iron Man 3 product collection, please visithttp://bit.ly/IM3ProductImages (this link is case sensitive).
About Marvel’s Iron Man 3
Marvel’s Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at this enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale with Jon Favreau and Ben Kingsley, Iron Man 3 is directed by Shane Black from a screenplay by Drew Pearce and Shane Black and is based on Marvel’s iconic Super Hero Iron Man, who first appeared on the pages of “Tales of Suspense” (#39) in 1963 and had his solo comic book debut with “The Invincible Iron Man” (#1) in May of 1968.
Marvel’s Iron Man 3 is presented by Marvel Studios in association with Paramount Pictures and DMG Entertainment. Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige is producing and Jon Favreau, Louis D’Esposito, Charles Newirth, Victoria Alonso, Stephen Broussard, Alan Fine, Stan Lee and Dan Mintz are executive producers. The film releases May 3, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visitMarvel.com.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world’s largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers’ homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around seven strategic brand priorities: Disney Baby & Classic Characters, Disney Media Networks & Games, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Disney Live Action Film, Marvel, andLucasfilm. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of over 40 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW’s growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney’s official shopping portals online are www.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us atwww.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving andwww.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving.
The post Marvel Launches a Full “Armory” of Products Inspired by Marvel’s Iron Man 3 appeared first on DAPs Magic Disney News.