Glendale, Calif., October 24, 2012 — Disney Consumer Products (DCP) will showcase its new assortment of “better for you” food products at the Produce Marketing Association’s PMA Fresh Summit October 26 – 28 in Anaheim, CA. Produce products featuring beloved Disney characters on the packaging will be on display, demonstrating how fresh produce plays an integral part in Disney’s ongoing commitment to helping families eat more nutritious foods. Guests are invited to sample the offerings at the Disney booth #4220. Families can shop for more nutritious options including Disney-branded sliced apples, Disney Foodles by Crunch Pak and produce from Dayka Hackett and Chelan Fresh. Parents can look for the “Mickey Check” icon on Disney’s licensed foods products to easily find nutritious foods at local grocery stores and national retailers.
“Disney is committed to providing families with more nutritious food options, and we are excited to see the produce category continue to expand,” said John T. King, director of consumables for Disney Consumer Products. “Licensing our character designs for use in connection with fresh produce encourages kids to make better choices and is a great way to promote increased consumption of fruits and vegetables for the entire family.”
Disney understands the challenges faced by parents in regard to their families’ nutrition and wants to be part of the solution. In 2006, Disney announced new food guidelines aimed at giving parents and children more nutritious eating options. As part of its ongoing effort to encourage healthier lifestyles, Disney introduced Magic of Healthy Living – a national multimedia initiative designed to help parents with their quest to raise healthy, happy kids.
The Disney produce licensee program has grown to encompass additional produce categories as well as some well-known brands including Ready Pac, Naturipe and Crunch Pak. Categories now include fresh apples, grapes, cherries, berries and stone fruit along with value added products such as mini-meals, salads, and sliced apples specially developed for kids.
Disney will showcase the following:
- Ready Pac Cool Cuts® Mini-Meals (SRP $3.99 each) — These mini-meals combine the ingredients kids long for in a portion-controlled format that fits perfectly with their on-the-go lifestyle. The new Disney-themed Ready Pac Cool Cuts® Mini-Meals are available in four varieties: apples, ham and yogurt; pizza bites; turkey, crackers and cheese; and veggies, chicken and pretzels.
- Crunch Pak Flavorz™ (SRP $3.99 each) — Packages of sliced apples infused with natural flavoring that gives the apples the flavor of another fruit. Available in three flavors: peach mango featuring Phineas and Ferb; grape featuring Mickey and Friends; and strawberry vanilla cream featuring Disney Princess characters.
- Berry Quick Fresh Blueberry Snacks by Naturipe Farms (SRP $2.99 per pack of 3) — Pre‐portioned, single‐serve packs perfect for on‐the‐go snacks and lunches or a wholesome addition to everyday favorites such as oatmeal, yogurt, parfaits, cereals, salads and desserts. Packs feature classic Disney characters including Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy.
Since 2006, Disney Consumer Products has licensed more than two billion servings of Disney-themed fruits and vegetables in North America and has transformed the landscape of Disney-licensed food offerings, resulting in 85 percent of all of its U.S. licensed products meeting the company’s nutrition guidelines and only 15 percent reserved for special occasion treats. Additionally, Disney will require the further reduction of sugar and sodium in all licensed foods. For more information on the Magic of Healthy Living campaign, please visit:www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/mohl.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP), the world’s largest licensor, is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney and Marvel brands to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home décor and books to food and beverages, stationery, electronics and fine art. DCP develops Disney entertainment franchises into 365 day-a-year product opportunities at retailers worldwide. DCP is comprised of three businesses: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around six strategic brand priorities: Disney Classic Characters & Disney Moms and Babies, Disney Media Networks & Games, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Disney Live Action Film, and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books, magazines, and digital products. Disney English is DPW’s English language learning business, which includes over 35 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW’s growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe, and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive merchandise tied to key Disney and Marvel entertainment offerings. www.DisneyStore.com andwww.DisneyStore.co.uk are Disney’s official online shopping portals. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving,www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving and www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving.
About Disney Magic of Healthy Living
Disney Magic of Healthy Living partners with parents and inspires kids and families to lead healthier lifestyles. This initiative includes engaging content, useful tools, as well as nutrition guidelines that pair the fun of Disney’s stories and characters with a well-balanced portfolio of foods and healthier lifestyle choices. Disney’s nutrition guidelines, which were first introduced in 2006, were developed with the help of experts and align to federal standards. For more information, please visit: www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/mohl.
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015