LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The Richard Petty Driving Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway is the place of dreams, offering race fans and adventure-seekers the ultimate thrill of riding in or driving a race car around the one-mile tri-oval Walt Disney World Speedway. Guests are offered several ride and drive experiences as they follow their dream of leaving the grandstands and climbing into a racecar, just like The King himself.
Four driving experiences and a ride-along program are offered at the Walt Disney World Speedway location:
- Ride-Along Program: A 3-lap thrill ride as a passenger at a top speed of 145 mph.
- Rookie Experience: A 3-hour program that places guests behind the wheel for eight exhilarating laps around the track.
- King’s Experience: Features 18 laps of drive-yourself thrills divided into one 8-lap session and one 10-lap session.
Beyond these core options available to Walt Disney World guests, riders with an insatiable “need for speed” can turn up the excitement with these premium experiences:
- Experience of a Lifetime. Talk about pulse-pumping, thrill-seekers choosing this Petty track will experience 30 laps of white-knuckle, heart-pounding speed in a NASCAR race car. The “Experience” is divided into three 10-lap driving segments and between each session, drivers will receive one-on-one feedback from the Pit Road instructor Priced from $1,299 per person.
- Speedway Challenge. Imagine the high-octane rush of this one-of-a-kind driving program. This 50-lap program consists of five 10-lap sessions as well as a Ride-Along, shop tour with tech talk and lunch with the instructor and crew chief. Priced at $2,099 per person.
Begun in 2012, the Junior Ride-Alongs program provides children, who are at least 48 inches in height, the opportunity to ride shotgun with a professional driving instructor for three thrilling laps in a specially equipped two-seat NASCAR race car.
Richard Petty Driving Experience sessions at Walt Disney World Speedway run every other day with ride-alongs offered daily. Driving experiences are available for those at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a vehicle equipped with a standard transmission. Fans at least 14 years of age can participate in the Ride-Along Program with proof of identification. For information or reservations, visit drivepetty.com or call 800/BE-PETTY.
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015