GLENDALE, Calif., July 19, 2012 — Disney Consumer Products has unveiled its 2012 Back to School lineup including a brand new Tween lifestyle merchandise collection under “Make Your Mark,” inspired by the smash hit contest of the same name tied to the Disney Channel’s successful TV series “Shake it Up.” The lineup also includes a new shoe line from etnies inspired by the Emmy Award-wining Disney Channel TV series “Phineas & Ferb.”
Through key licensing and retail partnerships, Disney Consumer Products is able to enhance the emotional connection the younger generation of consumers has to Disney storytelling through fun, new styles in fashion, school gear, beauty products and healthy foods inspired by new and classic Disney characters.
Back to School 2012 product highlights include:
- Shake It Up by Make Your Mark — Taking the very best looks from popular Disney Channel dancers, CeCe and Rocky, the new collection features a color palette grounded in neutral black, vibrant fuchsia and electric purple, with grey heather, creamy white and bright citron to round out the assortment. Trend right details are present throughout with lace and sequins, a range of graphics, knits in flared and front tie fashion tops, color blocked bandage style mini’s, fashion forward animal print leggings, and a blazer inspired jacket with an attached contrast hoodie. Fun and feminine styles are echoed in the flirty lace skirts, beautiful ruffle chiffon dresses with lurex detail, and lace baby dolls layered with racer back tanks. Always playful at heart with a touch of attitude, this collection features a variety of party outfits and fun go-to pieces that are easy-to-layer for an infinite number of looks. Shake It Up by Make Your Mark is exclusively available at Sears stores nationwide.
- Disney “Phineas & Ferb” Footwear Collection by etnies — In creating this new collection, etnies designers took characters and elements of the hit TV series and incorporated them into fun and fashionable shoes for children. etnies’ Ronin features the main characters with bright blue, orange and green splashes of color while the RVM Vulc takes its muse from Perry the Platypus, aka Agent P., by featuring an image of his face on the padded tongue and a cartoon screen print of him in action on the shoe’s side panels. The styles are available in sizes 10C through 7C and will be available in August at Zappos.com, Famous Footwear, and WSS.
- Personalizable Brave Backpack — Carrying her trusty bow and arrow, the flame-haired star of Disney·Pixar’s “Brave” is all set for her medieval adventures. Pictured on clear PVC, Merida stands out against the glittering underlayer of this backpack that can be personalized with up to 10 characters (including spaces). Available at DisneyStore.com for $19.50, this backpack measures 15 x 12 x 5 inches and can also be accessorized with the Brave lunch tote and 16oz. water bottle.
- Ready Pac Cool Cuts® Mini-Meals and Salads — Ready Pac Foods has developed a new line of innovative Disney-themed Cool Cuts® Mini-Meals and Salads formulated specifically for the tastes and preferences of kids 6 – 12. In addition, a Disney character is matched to each item based on the character’s personality, and inside kids will find a “fun factor” that matches the Disney character on the label, such as a sticker or temporary tattoo. All items will be available in August at traditional grocery stores and other club and mass merchandise stores where fresh produce is sold.
- Disney To-ki-o Treats Cosmetic Collection — Lip Smacker introduces stylish, prestige-inspired To-ki-o Treats, an innovative beauty brand created especially for tweens and teens featuring Disney characters. Playful products feature a modern interpretation of iconic Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and friends in a fresh, energetic lineup, including tie dye lip glosses, fragrances, eye shadow duos and other giftable cosmetics. Disney To-ki-o Treats Cosmetic Collection arrives at Walmart stores nationwide in August.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP), the world’s largest licensor, is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney and Marvel brands to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home décor and books to food and beverages, stationery, electronics and fine art. DCP develops Disney entertainment franchises into 365 day-a-year product opportunities at retailers worldwide. DCP is comprised of three businesses: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around six strategic brand priorities: Disney Classic Characters & Disney Moms and Babies, Disney Media Networks & Games, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Disney Live Action Film, and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books, magazines, and digital products. Disney English is DPW’s English language learning business, which includes over 35 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW’s growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe, and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive merchandise tied to key Disney and Marvel entertainment offerings. www.DisneyStore.comand www.DisneyStore.co.uk are Disney’s official online shopping portals. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products or follow us atwww.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving andwww.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving.