The 4th of July is next Wednesday! As many people know, Walt Disney was a very patriotic man. His patriotism lives on every day with the patriotic flag retreat in both the Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks. In the summer, both parks receive other patriotic decorations leading up to the celebrations of the 4th of July.
This year, there are a variety of options available for guests wanting to celebrate Independence Day. According to Erin Glover at the Disney Parks Blog, here is a list of the offerings:
Disneyland Resort from July 1-4:
- At Disney California Adventure park, immediately prior to each “World of Color” performance, Paradise Pier will come to life with a patriotic spectacular in honor of our nation’s independence.
- At Disneyland park, “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” will celebrate the land of the free and the home of the brave with patriotic music and colorful fireworks.
Also at Disneyland park, the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing Band will perform in honor of Independence Day at the following locations and times on July 4:
- Town Square at 5:10 p.m.: Featured band during the Flag Retreat Ceremony
- Disneyland Park Parade Route (see park map for viewing locations) at 6:15 p.m.: Marching performance prior to Mickey’s Soundsational Parade
- Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree at 7:15 p.m.: Concert of patriotic favorites and Disney medleys
While you’re at Disneyland park, complete your patriotic celebration with a performance by “Voices of Liberty” – appearing at the Main Street Opera House for a limited engagement this summer.
If you intend to catch any of these Independence Day events, please plan on arriving early with a lot of patience. Traditionally as the day progresses on the 4th of July so does the crowd flow. Count on the parks getting very busy in the evening of the 4th of July.
Pack lots of sunscreen and patience!